Many Kids Injured After Swallowing Button Batteries

The batteries accounted for 84% of the battery-related hospital emergency department visits by children between 1990 and 2009.

Sections:  living   
Topics:  batteries   button batteries   child safety   kids   parenting   safety   
  • 'When we came, I thought it was going to be heaven': Sudanese mother-of-six on welfare who has a gangster son in jail says she regrets coming to Australia and would take her ...
    A Sudanese single mother says she is considering moving back to Africa because she cannot control her teenage sons, one of which is in jail. Asha Awur, 36, who earlier this month made headlines for her comments about her Centrelink payment not being ...
    01/13/2018 - 10:19 am | View Link
  • Mom raising 5 kids with Down syndrome -- while fighting cancer
    Rubee having cancer and she died. Shep having cancer and he died.” “I took a deep breath, swallowing hard to control the tears that were already threatening,” Spring said. “You’re right. Sometimes people and animals who have cancer die.
    05/16/2015 - 11:31 pm | View Link
  • Nationwide Children's Hospital study says scooters and other toys whisk kids into emergency rooms: Plain Dealing
    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Scooters take kids everywhere fast ... The under-3 crowd tends to mouth toys, and their most common toy-related injuries are choking on or swallowing small toys. Two-year-olds are the most "at risk" age group when it comes to toy ...
    12/2/2014 - 8:51 pm | View Link
  • Safe Kids coordinator turns traumatic experience into community lesson in safety
    from swimming pools to car safety to button batteries, tiny batteries in small electronic devices. “Kids love to pick these items up, play with them and take them apart,” Triplett said. “Swallowing them isn’t a choking hazard; it’s a burn hazard.”
    08/22/2014 - 6:00 pm | View Link
  • Health Buzz: Kids Increasingly Injured After Swallowing Button Batteries
    The child left his mother's sight for mere minutes. Yet that was enough time for 21-month-old Ollie Hebb to fall into the top-loading washing machine and become submerged in a full tub. The Utah boy died a day later, after suffering severe brain damage.
    05/14/2012 - 2:39 am | View Link
  • More
  • Health | Yahoo Lifestyle
    Yahoo Lifestyle is your source for style, beauty, and wellness, including health, inspiring stories, and the latest fashion trends.
    03/15/2018 - 11:29 pm | View Website
  • Archives
    Archives and past articles from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, and
    03/15/2018 - 8:34 am | View Website
  • Fire Safety | Safe Kids Worldwide
    Home fires can start and spread quickly, which is why we all need to be careful and educated when it comes to fire safety. Just a little bit of planning can make a big difference for your family.
    03/14/2018 - 6:37 pm | View Website
  • Colorado Seatbelt Failure Lawyers | Auto Defect Attorneys
    When it works properly, the seat belt is indisputably the most important safety device in an automobile. When it works poorly or when a sealtbelt completely fails to work, it can cause serious injury and even death.If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident due to the failure or defect of a seatbelt, you may be able to seek compensation.
    03/14/2018 - 5:11 pm | View Website
  • When we have Bad Dreams about our Children
    When we wake up in the middle of the night horrified that our kids have come to harm in our dreams, what could it mean?
    03/14/2018 - 6:05 am | View Website
  • More

Comment On This Story

Welcome to Wopular!

Welcome to Wopular

Wopular is an online newspaper rack, giving you a summary view of the top headlines from the top news sites.

Senh Duong (Founder)
Wopular, MWB, RottenTomatoes

Subscribe to Wopular's RSS Fan Wopular on Facebook Follow Wopular on Twitter Follow Wopular on Google Plus

MoviesWithButter : Our Sister Site

More Living News