- Children’s Books: Alison McGhee’s ‘Tell Me a Tattoo Story,’ and More
New York Times: Books, Thursday - 05/05/2016 - 08:56 AM
Four picture books feature grown-ups and kids defining and prizing the bonds between them.
- ‘Flags of Our Fathers’ Author Now Doubts His Father Was in Iwo Jima Photo
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 08:48 PM
James Bradley says he believes his father, John Bradley, was involved in the first raising of the American flag, but not in the more famous second one.
- Review: As Goes Music, So Goes the Universe
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 05:29 PM
Stephon Alexander illuminates music in light of the vibrations of the universe.
- Oprah Winfrey to star in HBO's 'Henrietta Lacks' movie
USA Today: Books, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 02:47 PM
Film is based on the book by Rebecca Skloot.
- Walt Whitman discovered to be America's first paleo poet
Los Angeles Times: Books, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 12:47 PM
He celebrates rare beef and sings stale bread. It turns out that Walt Whitman, the legendary "Leaves of Grass" poet who died in 1892, was a very early adopter of the "paleo diet," a trendy food regimen that promotes meat and eschews dairy products, grains and processed foods, according to a series
- The Waldorf’s Cocktail Bible, Remixed
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 11:20 AM
A trove of pre-Prohibition recipes has been updated by the hotel’s bar manager.
- Whit Stillman Discusses Austen’s Sense and His Sensibility
New York Times: Books, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 10:51 AM
Mr. Stillman’s new film, “Love & Friendship,” is based on Jane Austen’s “Lady Susan,” and he talks about his love for Austen and the 18th century.
- Lauren Belfer burns bright in searing 'Fire'
USA Today: Books, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 08:47 AM
New novel 'And After the Fire' blends history, mystery, and Bach.
- New mysteries: Harlan Coben, Lisa Lutz and more
USA Today: Books, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 06:47 AM
Our mystery reviewer cracks the case on four new titles.
- Don DeLillo’s ‘Zero K’
New York Times: Books, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 05:30 AM
In Don DeLillo’s 16th novel, a billionaire hopes to rid the world of death.
- Joe Drape's 'American Pharoah' is a champ
USA Today: Books, Saturday - 04/30/2016 - 10:47 PM
Book tells the story of Triple Crown winner; 'Zippy Chippy' remembers a lovable loser.
- Thomas Jefferson: master of all and of everything
Washington Post, Friday - 04/29/2016 - 06:47 PM
Annette Gordon-Reed and Peter Onuf explore Jefferson through his own eyes.