- Rowling confirms a Jewish 'Potter' character
USA Today: Books, Wednesday - 12/17/2014 - 12:47 PM
Happy Hanukkah! Related StoriesJ. K. Rowling regrets killing off this 'Harry Potter' character the mostWhy ‘Maze Runner’ author was cool with all those movie changesMust-watch: T-Pain reads Shel Silverstein's 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'
- Tiffany Snow: All about the cliffie, love it or hate it
USA Today: Books, Tuesday - 12/16/2014 - 08:47 PM
Tiffany Snow, author of In His Shadow (out today!), explores the payoffs of cliffhangers done right (and irritations of cliffies not done right).
- 'Christmas' in Korea is a story of war and ego, not joy
USA Today: Books, Tuesday - 12/16/2014 - 06:47 PM
The book tells the frigid, horrid tale of U. S. troops in Korea in 1950.
- Platypus - Zone 2 - Books
Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune: Books, Tuesday - 12/16/2014 - 12:38 PM
- James Patterson donating to independent bookstores
USA Today: Books, Tuesday - 12/16/2014 - 02:47 AM
The author announced Monday that he has given $473,000 to 81 independent sellers.
- Reviews: 'Loitering,' by Charles D'Ambrosio, and 'Self-Portrait in Green,' by Marie Ndiaye
Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune: Books, Monday - 12/15/2014 - 02:47 PM
- Celebrating a Tale of a Personal Shopper
Wall Street Journal: Books, Saturday - 12/13/2014 - 08:47 PM
Louise Maniscalco and Susan Rudin packed the BG restaurant at Bergdorf Goodman to celebrate the release of ‘The Trade Off,’ their insiders’ take on the profession.
- Artificial Intelligence Isn't a Threat---Yet
Wall Street Journal: Books, Friday - 12/12/2014 - 04:47 PM
Superintelligent machines are still a long way off, but we need to prepare for their future rise, Gary Marcus writes.
- Frederick Barthelme: 'Being and Time' and pick-up lines
Chicago Tribune: Books, Friday - 12/12/2014 - 10:47 AM
Each day, from now through Hanukkah and on to Christmas, we're posting an author's reflections on the gift of books. Each day, from now through Hanukkah and on to Christmas, we're posting an author's reflections on the gift of books.
- Meghan Quinn: What to get your alpha male for Christmas
USA Today: Books, Thursday - 12/11/2014 - 10:47 PM
Meghan Quinn, author of Being a Jett Girl, shares some shopping do's and don'ts for the alpha in your life.
- Paperback version of Senate’s CIA report is expected in bookstores by year’s end
Washington Post, Thursday - 12/11/2014 - 06:47 PM
A paperback version of the Senate’s recently released report on the CIA’s interrogation techniques is expected in bookstores before New Year’s Day. The government posted the 528-page document for free online this week, and a PDF e-book version was almost immediately for sale on Amazon.com for $2.99. But Dennis Johnson, the co-publisher of Melville House in Brooklyn, says his $16.95 paperback edition will be better.
- Anjelica Huston: By the Book
New York Times: Books, Thursday - 12/11/2014 - 10:00 AM
The actor and author of the memoirs “A Story Lately Told” and “Watch Me” says she finds it hard to read books about acting: “I prefer doing it.”