- Winchester author reads from book at Book Ends
Winchester Star, Thursday - 11/26/2015 - 08:47 PM
Winchester resident Linda Rossetti read from her newly released book, “Women & Transition: Reinventing Work and Life” on Nov. 17 at Book Ends. The book introduces women to a new way of thinking about the events that shape their adults lives, such as childbirth, job loss or empty nests, and offers readers a toolkit specifically designed for women in transition.
- The best new romance novels for December
Washington Post, Thursday - 11/26/2015 - 10:47 AM
Tales by Kristen Callihan, Jennifer McQuiston and Lauren Layne.
- How the American left fell in and out of love with Fidel Castro
Washington Post, Thursday - 11/26/2015 - 04:47 AM
- Winchester Library Lines
Winchester Star, Thursday - 11/26/2015 - 02:01 AM
Did You Know: The library received a new selection of French language books thanks to Winchester Jumelage. This time, children’s books in French are shelved in the Children’s Room. Friends Corner: Consumer Reports OnlineFor those looking for help selecting holiday gifts, remember that Winchester residents holding library cards have at-home access to Consumer Reports.
- Publisher Releases Signed Edition of Harper Lee’s ‘Watchman’
New York Times: Books, Wednesday - 11/25/2015 - 02:59 PM
Just in time for the holidays, readers can buy a $1,500 limited edition of the collectors’ edition.
- Tiny Lenses Inspired by Insect Eyes
Wall Street Journal: Books, Wednesday - 11/25/2015 - 02:47 AM
An array of lenses—each about as big as the head of a pin—could be mounted on sheets to produce an extremely wide range of vision.
- Rove on Trump: 'Hail fellow' then an ugly tweet
USA Today: Books, Tuesday - 11/24/2015 - 02:47 PM
In 'The Triumph of William McKinley,' Rove sees lessons from 1896 for Republicans today
- Bookends: Is It Still Possible to Be a Public Intellectual?
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 11/24/2015 - 08:00 AM
Pankaj Mishra and Alice Gregory discuss the fate of the public intellectual in an age of specialization.
- Twain meets Stanley in final Hijuelos novel
USA Today: Books, Monday - 11/23/2015 - 12:47 PM
Mark Twain and famed explorer Henry Stanley star in new historical novel.
- ‘Empire of Self: A Life of Gore Vidal,’ by Jay Parini
New York Times: Books, Monday - 11/23/2015 - 05:30 AM
A new biography of Gore Vidal, novelist, playwright, screenwriter, social and political player.
- Books: New and noteworthy
USA Today: Books, Monday - 11/23/2015 - 12:48 AM
Look for memoirs from singers Tom Jones and Carly Simon, plus a new James Patterson.
- Books of The Times: Review: In ‘Beatlebone,’ an Imagined Trip With John Lennon
New York Times: Books, Sunday - 11/22/2015 - 05:44 PM
Kevin Barry’s new novel follows an emotionally raw Lennon on a 1978 journey through western Ireland to commune with nature and himself.
- A rockin' bio of the man who discovered Elvis
USA Today: Books, Sunday - 11/22/2015 - 12:47 PM
Peter Guralnick's biography of Sam Phillips celebrates his musical contributions.