- How American democracy sustains racial inequality
Washington Post, Saturday - 02/06/2016 - 12:47 AM
Eddie S. Glaude Jr. argues that devaluing black lives is integral to the American character.
- Is that tree staring at you? A new book looks at the secret lives of plants
Washington Post, Friday - 02/05/2016 - 10:47 PM
In ‘The Cabaret of Plants,’ Richard Mabey takes an unusual tour of the natural world
- Books of The Times: Review: ‘West of Eden’ — Hollywood Not-So-Confidential
New York Times: Books, Thursday - 02/04/2016 - 05:19 PM
In an oral history, Jean Stein chronicles the bad behavior — and worse — of an old ruling class.
- Must-read romances by KA Tucker, Susan May Warren and more
USA Today: Books, Thursday - 02/04/2016 - 12:47 PM
Must-read romances by K. A. Tucker, Susan May Warren and more
- Book review: Shame, regret and self-loathing — the underside of parenting beautifully portrayed
Winchester Star, Thursday - 02/04/2016 - 08:48 AM
Elizabeth Marro’s affecting and beautiful first novel, “Casualties,” does not shy away from shame, regret and self-loathing — the underside of parenting. She takes us places we don’t want to go, makes us look, makes us feel. Her characters’ journey becomes ours and, as a consequence, we exult in their hard-won reckonings.“Casualties” begins on the West Coast, in San Diego, where Ruth Nolan, an executive for a company that supplies 
- Mall CEO: Amazon plans to open 300 to 400 bookstores in U.S.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Books, Thursday - 02/04/2016 - 06:47 AM
Amazon.com Inc., the world’s biggest online retailer, plans to open from 300 to 400 bookstores, according to one executive of a large shopping mall operator.
- ‘Paradise Now: The Story of American Utopianism,’ by Chris Jennings
New York Times: Books, Wednesday - 02/03/2016 - 05:30 AM
A look at five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
- The Jihadist Threats From Within
Wall Street Journal: Books, Tuesday - 02/02/2016 - 06:47 PM
Somewhere between mentally unstable drifters and the superstars of global jihad are lone wolves like the San Bernardino killers.
- The Life of the Party
Wall Street Journal: Books, Tuesday - 02/02/2016 - 08:47 AM
Republicans need to draw the right lessons from the Trump insurgency. And Democrats should take note.
- Feature: How Chris Jackson Is Building a Black Literary Movement
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 02/02/2016 - 07:00 AM
One of the publishing industry’s only black editors is transmitting ideas from writers on the margins to the mainstream readers who need to hear them.
- Books of The Times: Review: Laura Secor’s ‘Children of Paradise: The Struggle for the Soul of Iran’
New York Times: Books, Monday - 02/01/2016 - 05:50 PM
Ms. Secor’s book offers profiles of journalists, dissidents and activists who have stood up for their beliefs in the years since the Islamic Revolution in 1979.
- The historic legacy of a black newspaper
USA Today: Books, Monday - 02/01/2016 - 10:47 AM
Ethan Michaeli's book about 'The Defender' also tells black America's story.
- A Comic Take on Wall Street by an Ex-Bear Stearns Executive
New York Times: Books, Sunday - 01/31/2016 - 08:40 PM
Maureen Sherry has written a book about a woman’s trip through the financial crisis. A movie is planned.