- Four tasty mysteries and thrillers for fall
USA Today: Books, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 06:47 AM
Carl Hiaasen and Thomas Mullen have new books.
- Books: New and noteworthy
USA Today: Books, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 04:48 AM
Bruce Springsteen's memoir 'Born to Run' goes on sale Sept. 27.
- Bruce Springsteen Unmasks His Agonies in the Memoir 'Born to Run'
Wall Street Journal: Books, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 02:48 AM
Ecstatic live shows, the singer writes, gave him the ‘illusion of intimacy without risk.’ Jim Fusilli reviews ‘Born to Run’ by Bruce Springsteen.
- Book review: Pulitzer prize-winning journalist takes on GOP candidate in 'The Making of Donald Trump'
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Books, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 08:47 PM
Over an election season dominated by blatant flip-flops and lofty claims, there is one position that Republican presidential nominee Donald J. Trump has stood by firmly: He hates the media.
- Bruce Springsteen on keeping life honest, real in 'Born to Run' autobiography
Los Angeles Times: Books, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 06:47 PM
Anyone who has ever experienced the uniquely soul-raising amalgam of musical celebration, spiritual rejuvenation, intellectual provocation and physical release-to-the-point-of-exhaustion that is a concert by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band will feel right at home in the 508 pages of “Born
- The price of free speech in Bangladesh
Los Angeles Times: Books, Saturday - 09/24/2016 - 12:47 PM
In February this year the authorities in Bangladesh took Shamsuzzoha Manik, a 73-year-old publisher, into custody for publishing a book titled “Islam Bitorko” (“Debate on Islam”). His arrest and the shutting down of his stall marked a sour moment in the nation’s largest book fair, Ekushey Boi
- Maureen Dowd is back to skewering the Clintons, this time with a side of Trump
Washington Post, Friday - 09/23/2016 - 10:47 PM
Kathleen Parker says Dowd’s new collection would be more satisfying without all the filler.
- ‘The Wonder’: From the author of ‘Room,’ another a tight, intense drama
Washington Post, Friday - 09/23/2016 - 06:47 PM
Emma Donoghue’s compelling novel about a 19th-century girl who lives despite her refusal to eat, grapples with larger mysteries of faith, doubt and evil.
- Inside The New York Times Book Review Podcast: Inside The New York Times Book Review: Simon Schama’s ‘The Face of Britain’
New York Times: Books, Friday - 09/23/2016 - 04:03 PM
Simon Schama talks about “The Face of Britain,” and Robert Gottlieb discusses “Avid Reader.”
- Author’s Note: Remainders of the Day
New York Times: Books, Wednesday - 09/21/2016 - 05:00 AM
Not only would no one buy my book, but libraries in various countries were disposing of them because people wouldn’t take them for free.
- Author Candice Millard's book reveals a young Churchill
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Books, Sunday - 09/18/2016 - 08:24 PM
Many Americans know the indomitable Winston Churchill, who led Britain during World War II.
- Review: In ‘The Wonder,’ the Morality of Letting a Child Fast
New York Times: Books, Sunday - 09/18/2016 - 05:14 PM
This novel by Emma Donoghue, author of the best-seller “Room,” follows a nurse sent to confirm that an 11-year-old has survived on water for four months.
- Want to Find Fulfillment at Last? Think Like a Designer
New York Times: Books, Saturday - 09/17/2016 - 06:00 AM
Two Silicon Valley veterans have been helping Stanford students navigate the future through their popular courses. Now they want to help you.