- Book review: 'Dark at the Crossing' examines the human cost of the Syrian civil war
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Books, Sunday - 03/26/2017 - 08:47 PM
In a recent essay in The New York Review of Books, former ABC News chief Middle East correspondent Charles Glass puts forth a cynical view: The civil war in Syria continues because it is too profitable to stop.
- The best audiobooks of March
Washington Post, Sunday - 03/26/2017 - 04:47 PM
Listen to great new books by George Saunders, Neil Gaiman and Douglas Preston
- How to ensure everyone a guaranteed basic income
Washington Post, Saturday - 03/25/2017 - 02:47 PM
Phillipe Van Parijs and Yannick Vanderborght lay out their politically explosive idea.
- A Netflix Plan for Yachts, Fancy Chairs and Political Systems
Wall Street Journal: Books, Friday - 03/24/2017 - 08:47 PM
After GM offered a Netflix-like plan for renting Cadillacs, Joe Queenan saw the obvious need for similar offerings for yachts, fancy chairs and political systems.
- Open Book: The Head Honcho’s Head Honcho
New York Times: Books, Friday - 03/24/2017 - 12:56 PM
“The Gatekeepers” is a look at how chiefs of staff have advised, cautioned and encouraged presidents.
- Colin Dexter, British author who created the Inspector Morse series, dies at 86
Washington Post, Thursday - 03/23/2017 - 06:48 PM
His books about a curmudegeonly detective launched a long-running TV show.
- Got writer's block? Lin-Manuel Miranda has a playlist for you
Los Angeles Times: Books, Thursday - 03/23/2017 - 12:47 PM
If you’re afflicted with writer's block, “Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda doesn't want you throwing away your shot — and he's made a Spotify playlist to help you put pen to paper. The Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright revealed his literary-themed playlist, titled "Write Your Way Out," on Spotify
- Fighting Words: Three Words We Love to Argue About
New York Times: Books, Wednesday - 03/22/2017 - 05:22 PM
Kory Stamper of Merriam-Webster talks about whether “irregardless” is a word, the origins of “posh” and the dozens of recorded pronunciations of “lingerie.”
- Book Buzz: 'The Shack' is solid on USA TODAY's best-sellers list
USA Today: Books, Wednesday - 03/22/2017 - 12:11 PM
The faith-based best seller continues its reign at No. 1
- Op-Ed Columnist: White Pride and Prejudice
New York Times: Books, Wednesday - 03/22/2017 - 03:21 AM
When the alt-right adopts Jane Austen.
- Colin Dexter, Whose Creations Included Inspector Morse, Dies at 86
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 03/21/2017 - 09:37 PM
The British mystery writer indulged in the art for fun and never expected his character to attain such fame.
- Books of The Times: ‘The Death of Expertise’ Explores How Ignorance Became a Virtue
New York Times: Books, Tuesday - 03/21/2017 - 06:20 PM
Tom Nichols examines how the information age has helped fuel a resistance to authoritative knowledge and a disdain for experts.