- Clinton Foundation acknowledges mistakes in revealing donors
Sacramento Bee, Monday - 04/27/2015 - 04:17 AM
The acting chief executive of the Clinton Foundation says the global philanthropy is working quickly to remedy mistakes it made in how it disclosed donors, saying that its policies on transparency and contributions from foreign governments are "stronger than ever." …
- GOP 2016 hopefuls talk social issues in Iowa
Associated Press, Saturday - 04/25/2015 - 11:09 PM
Republican presidential hopefuls emphasized their staunch opposition to gay marriage and abortion rights Saturday before a crowd of social conservatives who hold significant sway in the state's leadoff presidential caucuses.
- No trade breakthrough expected with Japan during Abe visit
Sacramento Bee, Saturday - 04/25/2015 - 02:47 PM
The White House does not expect President Barack Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (shin-zoh ah-bay) to announce a final agreement next week on trade talks between the two nations. …
- The Latest on the 2016 GOP field: Cruz vows to nix nuke deal
Associated Press, Saturday - 04/25/2015 - 01:49 PM
10:45 a.m. PDT (1:45 a.m. EDT)
- Hillary Clinton plans campaign trip to Nevada
Associated Press, Friday - 04/24/2015 - 10:02 PM
Hillary Rodham Clinton will travel to Nevada next month, adding it to the roster of early-voting states she is visiting at the beginning of her presidential campaign.
- Not long ago, Rubio questioned his readiness for presidency
Sacramento Bee, Friday - 04/24/2015 - 04:17 AM
Sen. Marco Rubio's entry into the Republican presidential race marks a shift in his attitude about running for higher office. …
- Downplaying rift, Biden defends Obama's support for Israel
Associated Press, Thursday - 04/23/2015 - 08:02 PM
Downplaying the U. S. rift with Israel, Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday staunchly defended President Barack Obama's record of supporting the Jewish state, working to allay the concerns of many American Jews who have lined up against the budding nuclear deal with Iran.
- Profiles of 4 killed by drones: aid workers, terror suspects
Associated Press, Thursday - 04/23/2015 - 03:59 PM
A look at the lives of four men - two Western hostages and two American terror suspects - who were killed by CIA drone strikes in Pakistan.
- Loretta Lynch wins confirmation as attorney general
New York Daily News, Thursday - 04/23/2015 - 02:49 PM
Loretta Lynch has won confirmation to serve as the nation’s attorney general, ending months of delay.
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White House hopefuls
Associated Press, Thursday - 04/23/2015 - 11:24 AM
For Democratic politicians, same-sex marriage has become an easy issue: They're for it. But many Republicans, notably the presidential hopefuls, face a far more complicated landscape.
- Reagan, MLK, rapper Minaj: 2016 candidates are name-droppers
Associated Press, Thursday - 04/23/2015 - 03:06 AM
This is name-dropping season for the 2016 presidential hopefuls.
- At Everglades, Obama to warn of damage from climate neglect
Sacramento Bee, Wednesday - 04/22/2015 - 06:47 PM
With swampy wetlands and alligators as his backdrop, President Barack Obama will use a visit to Florida's Everglades to warn of the damage that climate change is already inflicting on the nation's environmental treasures — and to hammer political opponents he says are doing far too little about it. …
- House panel is told of slavery in Thai seafood industry
Associated Press, Wednesday - 04/22/2015 - 01:31 PM
A congressional panel is hearing about persistent modern-day slavery around the world, including the abuse of fishermen in the Thai seafood industry whose catch can end up in U. S. markets.