- 'Nymphomaniac' film is banned in Turkey
Boston Globe, Wednesday - 03/05/2014 - 01:15 PM
Turkey's film board has banned the screening of director Lars von Trier's movie "Nymphomaniac Volume 1" at cinemas in the country because of the film's sex scenes.
- 'Non-Stop' arrives with $28.9M at box office
Kansas City Star, Monday - 03/03/2014 - 04:46 PM
"Non-Stop" couldn't be stopped at the box office.
- Razzies pick Will and Jaden Smith as worst actors
Kansas City Star, Sunday - 03/02/2014 - 06:47 AM
Will and Jaden Smith have something they can bond over. They were both awarded Razzies for their performances in "After Earth."
- NYC official: Hoffman died of toxic mix of drugs
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 02/28/2014 - 07:12 PM
Officials say actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died from a toxic mix of heroin and other drugs.
- Cambodia vies for 1st Oscar with 'Missing Picture'
Phoenix Arizona Republic, Thursday - 02/27/2014 - 02:31 AM
The office of Cambodia's most celebrated filmmaker is filled with books on the Khmer Rouge. On his desk, on the walls, in the filing cabinets and in every corner of Rithy Panh's dimly lit office are memories of his country's greatest tragedy.
- With 'Broken Circle,' Belgium vies for first Oscar
Kansas City Star, Wednesday - 02/26/2014 - 02:47 PM
When Belgian film producer Dirk Impens lost out in the Oscars 21 years ago, he remembers swearing to himself never to put on a tuxedo again unless he had another shot at the golden statuette.
- Palestinian film spotlights Israeli Arab identity
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 02/25/2014 - 06:50 PM
In the Holy Land, the state of Palestine does not yet exist. But in Hollywood, it already has an Oscar finalist.
- 5 classic comedies Harold Ramis helped create
Kansas City Star, Monday - 02/24/2014 - 07:33 PM
You may not know his name or remember his face, but you have surely heard of at least some of the movies that Harold Ramis directed, helped write or appeared in. Here are five smash comedies created in part by Ramis, who died Monday at age 69:
- Harold Ramis, Chicago actor, writer and director, dead at 69
Reddit, Monday - 02/24/2014 - 12:16 PM
submitted by alexdelamuerte [link] [47 comments]
- Noted Iranian filmmaker makes first US visit
Kansas City Star, Sunday - 02/23/2014 - 12:18 PM
Kamran Shirdel's films have been censored, banned and celebrated for documenting hidden parts of Iranian society -- the plight of Tehran's prostitutes, the desperation of female prisoners, and the reality behind false heroes.
- Winfrey, Wonder among celebs at NAACP Image Awards
Kansas City Star, Saturday - 02/22/2014 - 10:57 AM
Oprah Winfrey will pay tribute to the late Nelson Mandela at Saturday night's NAACP Image Awards in Pasadena, Calif.
- Officials: Crew hit by train wasn't to be on track
Boston Globe, Friday - 02/21/2014 - 01:11 PM
An investigator says a movie crew involved in a fatal collision with a freight train in southeast Georgia was filming on the tracks without permission from the railroad.