- Rapper French Montana signs with Bad Boy and Epic Records
Minneapolis Star Tribune, Thursday - 05/05/2016 - 09:48 AM
- Foreign investors in fizzled development at wit's end
San Diego Union-Tribune, Thursday - 05/05/2016 - 01:49 AM
Foreigners who had been banking on their investments in a biomedical research facility and a hotel and rental cottage project in northern Vermont to get green cards are scrambling to find a backup now that the project's developers are accused of misusing hundreds of millions of dollars of investors' money in what investigators called a "massive eight-year fraud scheme."
- Ex-Utah Sen. Bob Bennett, ousted in tea party wave, has died
Tampa Tribune, Wednesday - 05/04/2016 - 09:56 PM
- Survey: US businesses add jobs at slowest pace in 3 years
San Diego Union-Tribune, Wednesday - 05/04/2016 - 02:47 PM
U. S. companies added jobs at the slowest pace in three years in April, a private survey found, a sign that slower growth and volatile financial markets could weigh on hiring.
- Critics question mine exploration near Alaska eagle preserve
San Diego Union-Tribune, Wednesday - 05/04/2016 - 08:47 AM
A Canadian company exploring an Alaska mineral prospect near a wildlife preserve is drawing criticism from residents who say the risk is not worth the potential economic benefits.
- Videogamers Wanted...to Help With Medical Research
Wall Street Journal, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 10:47 PM
Scientists are recruiting thousands of videogamers to develop a better test for tuberculosis, the latest in a cascade of crowdsourcing research efforts that analyze proteins, test tumors and investigate genetic diseases.
- Faulty breast implants: French court upholds 4-year sentence
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 05/03/2016 - 08:47 AM
A French appeals court on Monday upheld a four-year prison sentence against a maker of fraudulent breast implants that were given to tens of thousands of women worldwide from 2001 to 2010. …
- Lawsuit: Starbucks overfills cold drinks with ice
FOXNews, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 10:47 PM
A federal lawsuit claims Starbucks regularly overfills its cold drinks with ice instead of using the advertised amount of coffee or other liquid in its plastic cups.
- Germany wants to extend border controls for another 6 months
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 07:08 AM
Germany and some other EU countries are planning to ask the EU Commission for an extension of border controls within the Schengen passport-free travel zone for another six months because they fear a new wave of migrants.
- May Day marchers take to US streets in heated election year
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 06:47 AM
Hundreds of May Day marchers chanting slogans and carrying signs — and at least one Donald Trump piñata — took to the streets of Los Angeles on Sunday calling for immigrant and worker rights and decrying…
- Q&A: Puerto Rico's debt crisis explained
San Diego Union-Tribune, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 04:47 AM
Puerto Rico's debt crisis reached a new level late Sunday, when the island's governor said Puerto Rico would not pay most of its $470 million in debt payments that are due by Monday.
- Reckitt Benckiser Korea apologizes for deadly sterilizers
Tampa Tribune, Monday - 05/02/2016 - 12:56 AM