- Poland investigates massive download of personal data
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/30/2016 - 06:06 AM
Prosecutors and other state security officials in Poland are investigating unprecedented massive night downloading by bailiffs of personal data of some 1.4 million Poles. …
- EU rules Apple must pay up to 13B euros in back taxes
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/30/2016 - 06:05 AM
The European Union says Ireland has given illegal tax benefits worth up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) to Apple Inc. and must now recover the unpaid back taxes from the U. S. technology company, plus interest.
- American's No. 2 executive departs for United Airlines
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Monday - 08/29/2016 - 06:02 PM
The president and No. 2 executive at American Airlines is leaving to take the same job with rival United Airlines.
- Mondelez says it ended talks to buy Hershey
Kansas City Star, Monday - 08/29/2016 - 06:02 PM
Oreo cookie maker Mondelez says it has ended discussions to buy The Hershey Co, a combination that would have created a global powerhouse selling some of the world's best known chocolates and snacks. …
- Fitbit motivational feature to take users on virtual hikes
Associated Press, Monday - 08/29/2016 - 09:42 AM
Fitbit wants to help you exercise more by making you think you're hiking famous trails instead of your neighborhood.
- Asian stocks lower, except for Tokyo, on Yellen speech
Kansas City Star, Sunday - 08/28/2016 - 10:27 PM
Most Asian stocks slipped Monday on remarks from the U. S. Federal Reserve late last week that the case has strengthened for raising interest rates, but the Tokyo market was an exception and gained on prospects for a strong dollar. …
- Senator to Propose Cancer Registry for Firefighters
Wall Street Journal, Sunday - 08/28/2016 - 10:18 PM
Sen. Charles Schumer said he would propose legislation creating a national registry tracking cancer rates among U. S. firefighters, something he said would help researchers root out toxic building materials.
- Health Insurers' Pullback Threatens to Create Monopoly Zones
Wall Street Journal, Sunday - 08/28/2016 - 06:47 PM
Nearly a third of U. S. counties look likely to have just a single insurer offering health plans on the ACA’s exchanges next year, according to a new analysis, an industry pullback that poses a major challenge to the health law.
- Fire sweeps through Russian warehouse, killing 17 workers
Tampa Tribune, Saturday - 08/27/2016 - 12:47 PM
- FDA Wants Zika Testing for All Donated Blood
Wall Street Journal, Friday - 08/26/2016 - 10:47 PM
The Food and Drug Administration is calling for Zika testing of all donated blood and blood products nationwide as a preventive measure to help stem the spread of the virus.
- Pokemon doughnuts, exercise classes tap game's popularity.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 08/26/2016 - 12:49 PM
Weeks into the "Pokemon Go" craze, demand remains strong for "Poke Ball"-shaped treats made by a high-end doughnut company, one of many businesses and organizations coming up with creative ways to lure players in their search…
- Tribe trucks totem pole 4,800 miles in fossil fuels protest
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Friday - 08/26/2016 - 02:06 AM
Tribe trucks totem pole 4,800 miles in fossil fuels protest