- Best Buy fires 1,500 in Canada, shutters Future Shop brand
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 01:42 PM
Best Buy is laying off 500 full-time and 1,000 part-time employees in Canada as it consolidates operations.
- In NYC, an unusual task force fights home-as-hotel rentals
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 11:14 AM
From an office by the Brooklyn Bridge, a specialized team of investigators tackles a fast-growing concern in New York City: apartments being rented like hotel rooms.
- US stock indexes end a rough week with tiny gains
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 04:11 PM
U. S. market indexes are ending a tough week with modest gains.
- German airline could face 'unlimited' damages for Alps crash
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 02:32 PM
Lufthansa could face "unlimited" compensation claims for the crash that killed 150 people in the French alps and it would be difficult, even counterproductive, for the German …
- Chevron sells stake Australian refiner as energy prices fall
Associated Press, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 07:01 AM
Chevron plans to sell its 50 percent stake in the Australian oil refiner Caltex Australia Ltd. as energy prices continue to slide.
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic drilling needed now
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 01:02 AM
The U. S. should immediately begin a push to exploit its enormous trove of oil in the Arctic waters off of Alaska, or risk a renewed reliance on imported oil in the future, an…
- San Francisco Chronicle heir, board member Nan McEvoy dies
Associated Press, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 12:21 AM
Nan Tucker McEvoy, the last member of the San Francisco Chronicle's founding family to head the newspaper, died Thursday after a long convalescence. She was 95.
- Drug-Tied HIV Outbreak Sparks Emergency in Indiana
Wall Street Journal, Thursday - 03/26/2015 - 08:07 PM
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence declared a public-health emergency in a rural southern county due to an outbreak of HIV that he said has reached epidemic proportions.
- Co-pilot was 'very happy' with Germanwings job
Associated Press, Thursday - 03/26/2015 - 10:39 AM
Andreas Lubitz never showed any sign he was anything but thrilled to have landed a job with Germanwings, according to those who taught him the trade as a teenager in this town in the woody hills of Western Germany.
- Shell cuts staff numbers in North Sea operations
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Thursday - 03/26/2015 - 08:14 AM
Shell U. K. says it will cut at least 250 staff and contractors in the North Sea, amid sharp drops in the price of oil.
- Business Highlights
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 03/25/2015 - 06:00 PM
- Science, patients driving rare disease drug research surge
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 03/25/2015 - 10:38 AM
The global pharmaceutical industry is pouring billions of dollars into developing treatments for rare diseases, which once drew little interest from major drugmakers but n…
- Auto workers president rejects lower-tier of wages
Associated Press, Wednesday - 03/25/2015 - 10:13 AM
The leader of the United Auto Workers union has rejected a third tier of lower wages for members who make auto parts.