- Zenefits Investors Cut Valuation by Half
Wall Street Journal, Friday - 07/01/2016 - 02:47 AM
Embattled health-benefits broker Zenefits on Thursday said it struck a deal with some investors to cut its valuation by more than half to $2 billion, giving them additional shares in exchange for releasing the company of potential legal claims.
- Tesla driver killed in crash while using car's 'Autopilot'
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Thursday - 06/30/2016 - 11:17 PM
The first person to die in a U. S. crash involving a car in self-driving mode was the tech-savvy 40-year-old owner of a Tesla Model S who nicknamed his car "Tessy" and praised its sophisticated "Autopilot" system.
- Eurozone inflation back above zero in June, but still low
Miami Herald, Thursday - 06/30/2016 - 07:49 AM
The annual rate of inflation in the 19 countries that use the euro rose to 0.1 percent in June from below zero, but is still far short of official targets. …
- Hacker takes over Oculus CEO's Twitter, announces new boss
Associated Press, Thursday - 06/30/2016 - 06:38 AM
An apparent hacker has used the Twitter account of the CEO and co-founder of Oculus to announce a new head of the company.
- US stocks rise following strong gains in global markets
Daily Oklahoman, Thursday - 06/30/2016 - 04:47 AM
U. S. stocks moved broadly higher in morning trading Wednesday, echoing strong gains in global markets as investor worries about Britain's vote to leave the European Union eased.
- The Latest: French FM says no to EU deal with Scotland
Kansas City Star, Thursday - 06/30/2016 - 04:09 AM
The Latest on Britain's vote to leave the European Uniohn (all times local): …
- Regulators fine BancorpSouth $10.6 million for redlining
San Diego Union-Tribune, Thursday - 06/30/2016 - 02:47 AM
The Department of Justice and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau fined Mississippi-based BancorpSouth $10.6 million, alleging the bank deliberately discriminated against minorities in its lending practices.
- Judge gives ex-Islanders co-owner a 5-year prison reduction
Daily Oklahoman, Wednesday - 06/29/2016 - 02:27 PM
A former New York Islanders co-owner who received a 10-year prison term for a fraud conviction has gotten his sentence cut in half. Judge Loretta Preska on Wednesday announced the new five-year sentence for Paul Greenwood in Manhattan federal court. A federal appeals court this year ordered the resentencing.
- Qatar's RasGas reaches gas supply deal with France's EDF
Associated Press, Wednesday - 06/29/2016 - 09:58 AM
Qatari liquefied natural gas producer RasGas has reached a deal to supply France's EDF with up to 2 million tons of the fuel annually.
- Mitsubishi Motors to accept orders after correcting mileage
Associated Press, Wednesday - 06/29/2016 - 05:56 AM
Mitsubishi is resuming sales of vehicles for which it had reported inflated mileage, after offering to compensate each buyer with 100,000 yen ($960) to make up for the extra gas.
- North American leaders confront rising tide of protectionism
Tampa Tribune, Wednesday - 06/29/2016 - 02:29 AM