- 3 Legislature seats filled for possible Vegas stadium vote
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 09/28/2016 - 12:47 AM
The Latest on the filling of vacant seats in the Nevada Legislature for an anticipated special session to consider raising hotel taxes in the Las Vegas area to help finance a $1.9 billion NFL stadium (all…
- Column: Ryder Cup a referendum on Mickelson
The Herald-Mail, Tuesday - 09/27/2016 - 04:02 AM
Phil Mickelson has been giving the Ryder Cup a lot of thought lately.
- Yankees, Blue Jays scrap after 3 HBP in first 2 innings
Daily Oklahoman, Tuesday - 09/27/2016 - 02:47 AM
New York Yankees right-hander Luis Severino has been ejected after hitting Toronto's Justin Smoak with a pitch in the second inning, leading to an angry shoving match between the teams. Both benches and bullpens emptied Monday night and several scrums broke out near home plate after Severino threw inside to Smoak with his first pitch of the inning and then hit him in the leg with his second. There was plenty of jostling in a large mass of players, but it did not appear any punches were thrown. The scrap came after Blue Jays lefty J.
- Dodgers clinch NL West title in Scully's final home game
The Herald-Mail, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 10:47 PM
The Los Angeles Dodgers clinched their fourth straight NL West title, winning the crown in Vin Scully's final home game when Charlie Culberson homered with two outs in the 10th inning to beat the Colorado Rockies…
- Arnold Palmer dies at 87, made golf popular for masses
Daily Oklahoman, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 09:29 PM
Arnold Palmer brought a country-club sport to the masses with a hard-charging style, charisma and a commoner's touch.
- Luck, Hilton hook up to rally Colts past Chargers 26-22
Associated Press, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 08:53 PM
Andrew Luck missed T. Y. Hilton on one critical play Sunday. The Colts quarterback didn't make the same mistake again.
- Joe Davis prepares to take over Dodgers booth from Scully
Associated Press, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 12:03 PM
As Vin Scully closes out his career broadcasting Los Angeles Dodgers games, his successor is waiting in the wings.
- Dobbs rallies No. 14 Vols to 38-28 win over No. 19 Gators
Daily Oklahoman, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 06:47 AM
Joshua Dobbs accounted for five second-half touchdowns Saturday and No.
- Jackson shines again, No. 3 Louisville beats Marshall 59-28
Daily Oklahoman, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 01:02 AM
Lamar Jackson threw five touchdown passes, ran for two more scores and No.
- No. 4 Michigan gets 6 rushing TDs in 49-10 rout of Penn St
Daily Oklahoman, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 12:47 AM
De'Veon Smith led an overwhelming ground game with 107 yards rushing and a touchdown and Karan Higdon ran for two scores and No.
- Idaho State defense stops Sacramento State 42 34
Daily Oklahoman, Saturday - 09/24/2016 - 08:49 PM
Nikko Taylor and Anthony Ricks intercepted Sacramento State's Nate Ketteringham to thwart two late drives and secure Idaho State's 42-34 win over the Hornets on Saturday. Idaho State (2-2, 1-0 Big Sky Conference) was ahead 35-24 when Taylor intercepted Ketteringham at Sacramento State's 4 and scored with 5:25 remaining in the game.
- Dodgers honor Vin Scully for his 67 years of storytelling
Associated Press, Friday - 09/23/2016 - 09:25 PM
The Dodgers are preparing to honor Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully on his appreciation night.