- Closing birdie for Spieth to share Colonial 1st-round lead
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Thursday - 05/21/2015 - 09:30 PM
Masters champion Jordan Spieth made a 20-foot birdie putt on the final hole with darkness falling Thursday, grabbing a share of the first-round lead in the rain-delaye…
- FIFA candidate Van Praag withdraws to support Prince Ali
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Thursday - 05/21/2015 - 05:09 AM
FIFA presidential candidate Michael van Praag has withdrawn from the May 29 election against Sepp Blatter.
- Owner of American Pharoah named in gambling debt lawsuit
Associated Press, Thursday - 05/21/2015 - 01:28 AM
Ahmed Zayat, owner of Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah, has asked a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit that accuses him of owing $1.65 million to a man who says he fronted Zayat money for gambling bets placed at offshore casinos.
- Kucherov's OT goal gives Lightning 2-1 edge in East finals
Associated Press, Wednesday - 05/20/2015 - 11:25 PM
Nikita Kucherov scored 3:33 into overtime to give the Tampa Bay Lightning a 6-5 victory over the New York Rangers on Wednesday night in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals.
- Toronto Maple Leafs hire Mike Babcock as new head coach
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 05/20/2015 - 03:25 PM
The Toronto Maple Leafs have hired Mike Babcock as their new head coach.
- Goodell wants to hear directly from Brady in appeal
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 05/20/2015 - 03:11 PM
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says it's his responsibility to hear directly from New England quarterback Tom Brady in his appeal of his four-game suspension in the deflat…
- Top-seeded Simon withdraws from Open de Nice
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 05/20/2015 - 09:51 AM
Top-seeded Gilles Simon of France withdrew from the Open de Nice on Wednesday, casting doubts on his French Open participation.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 05/20/2015 - 03:11 AM
On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2
Sacramento Bee, Tuesday - 05/19/2015 - 09:49 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves have won the NBA draft lottery, the first time since 2004 the team with the worst record won the No. 1 pick. …
- Virginia takes 2nd NCAA men's team tennis title in 3 years
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 05/19/2015 - 05:20 PM
Virginia has won its second NCAA men's team tennis title in three years and denied top-seeded Oklahoma its first championship.
- Bubba taking big breaks before majors; no British for Shark
NBC News, Tuesday - 05/19/2015 - 04:32 PM
Bubba Watson has played only nine times this year, tied with Rory McIlroy for the fewest of any player among the top 75 on the PGA Tour money list.
- Thanks but no thanks: Golfers scoff at Chambers Bay warnings
Associated Press, Tuesday - 05/19/2015 - 01:31 PM
Mike Davis hasn't caused this much consternation since he spoke at a PGA Tour players meeting about the evils of the long putter.