- Mickelson rallies to makes cut, McIlroy bogeys 18 to miss
USA Today, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 09:17 PM
Phil Mickelson walked off the first green with a disgusted look on his face, as if he'd thrown away any shot at making the cut in the PGA Championship
- Federal judge strikes down Wisconsin election laws
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 06:22 PM
A federal judge in Wisconsin has declared multiple Republican-authored election laws unconstitutional in a sweeping ruling.
- Navy ship to be named for late gay rights leader Harvey Milk
Associated Press, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 06:22 PM
The late gay rights leader Harvey Milk already has schools, streets and parks named in his honor. Soon, a U. S. Navy ship will join the list.
- NY judge: Tony Stewart's insurer off the hook in Ward suit
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 05:59 PM
A federal judge ruled Friday that the insurance carrier for NASCAR driver Tony Stewart does not have to defend or indemnify him in a lawsuit brought by the family of a driver who died after being struck by Stewart's car during a race.
- Texas hands Blue Bell potential $850K fine over listeria
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 05:51 PM
Texas has fined Blue Bell Creameries for a listeria contamination last year that was linked to the death of three people, but the ice cream maker could wind up paying just a fraction of the $850,000 penalty.
- The Latest: Senator seeks reconvening of Congress over Zika
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 05:17 PM
The Latest on the Zika virus in Florida (all times local):
- Donald Trump speech beats Hillary Clinton in TV viewership
Associated Press, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 05:01 PM
Donald Trump pulled off the upset - at least in television popularity.
- Turkey's Erdogan dropping lawsuits for insults against him
Associated Press, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 04:44 PM
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday he was dropping all lawsuits against those charged with insulting him.
- No criminal violations found during 38 Studios investigation
Daily Oklahoman, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 04:11 PM
An investigation into former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling's failed video game company, 38 Studios, has resulted in no criminal violations. Rhode Island State Police Col.
- Cheaper oil sends Exxon, Chevron to worst quarter in years
Kansas City Star, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 03:02 PM
Cheaper oil is leading to the lowest summer gasoline prices in years, and it is causing heartburn for oil companies and their shareholders. …
- NextEra agrees to buy Texas electric giant Oncor for $18.4B
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 02:48 PM
A Florida-based energy company has announced an $18.4 billion deal that would give it an 80 percent stake in Texas' largest electric utility.
- AP Source: Tesla looking at cameras, radar in Florida crash
Associated Press, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 02:23 PM
Tesla engineers told members of a Senate committee they are looking into the role cameras and radar played in the fatal crash of a Model S using self-driving mode, according to a person familiar with the meeting.
- State pact with Hershey Trust would limit member pay, terms
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 02:04 PM
Attorney General Kathleen Kane said Friday that her office has a new agreement on the governance and operations of Milton S. Hershey's multibillion-dollar charitable trust that controls the candy maker that bears his name.
- Austrian court: Suggesting right-winger is Nazi is no crime
FOXNews, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 01:17 PM
An Austrian court has cleared a left-wing politician of defaming right-wing presidential candidate Norbert Hofer by suggesting he is a Nazi.
- Special prosecutor to help in Minnesota police killing case
The Daily News, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 12:49 PM
A Minnesota prosecutor says he won't step aside for a special prosecutor while considering charges against police in the slaying of a black motorist, but he's adding one to his team.
- $536M Mega Millions jackpot claimed by anonymous couple
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 12:23 PM
A spokeswoman says a central Indiana couple won the $536 million Mega Millions jackpot drawn this month, but they've chosen to remain anonymous.
- US regulators: Still heavy risk in big bank loans
Daily Oklahoman, Friday - 07/29/2016 - 10:55 AM
Federal regulators say risk remains heavy in large loans made by banks and other financial institutions, though lending standards have improved. The Federal Reserve and other agencies cite increasing risks in loans to oil and gas producers as oil prices have fallen. The steep decline in oil prices has hurt many energy companies.