- BP signs $12B deal to develop Egypt gas field
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 07:51 AM
The U. K.-based energy company BP has signed agreements worth $12 billion to develop a major gas field in Egypt, which has been trying to attract foreign investment after four years of unrest.
- Warm weather forced Iditarod farther north
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 07:02 AM
Much of the start of the world's most famous sled dog race is covered in barren gravel, forcing Iditarod organizers to move the start further north where there is snow and ice.
- In Turkey, criticizing the president can land you in jail
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 05:44 AM
There's no monarch in democratic Turkey - but you might not know it watching the news these days.
- 3 tell of gruesome injuries, death at Boston Marathon
Waco Tribune-Herald, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 04:32 AM
Three people who survived the Boston Marathon bombing told jurors how they lost limbs or watched loved ones die after the 2013 attack.
- Harrison Ford survives crash-landing on golf course
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 04:32 AM
When a man battles Darth Vader, Nazis and other evil-doers for work, what does he do for fun? Harrison Ford's answer is found in a pilot's license and the freedom to take to the skies at will.
- Silicon Valley gender bias suit puts spotlight on industry
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 04:14 AM
A sex discrimination trial against one of Silicon Valley's most prestigious venture capital firms is providing a rare peek into the elite investment companies vying to fund the next Google and Amazon.
- Super Bowl, World Series champs back gay marriage at court
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 03:48 AM
The New England Patriots are for same-sex marriage. So are the San Francisco Giants.
- Items Flight 370 missing left behind full of meaning for kin
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 03:23 AM
Lee Khim Fatt doesn't sleep in his bed anymore. Instead, he sleeps on the floor next to it. "It doesn't feel the same, doesn't feel right sleeping on the mattress without her beside me," he said.
- Ciganda fires 66 to grab share of lead at HSBC Champions
USA Today, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 03:22 AM
Ciganda fires 66 to share lead with Inbee Park after 2nd round of HSBC Women's Champions
- Year after rule changes, men's basketball back to old form
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 03:00 AM
One year after the NCAA changed how rules were enforced to open up the game, men's basketball looks a lot like it once did.
- NYC landing mishap raises questions on runway snow closures
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 02:17 AM
The rough landing of a Delta jetliner at LaGuardia Airport in a driving snowstorm has raised questions about when airports should close runways due to snow or ice.
- Emirates forges special relationship with el-Sissi's Egypt
Waco Tribune-Herald, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 01:42 AM
This small Gulf nation, known for its soaring skyscrapers and mercantile bent, is making itself into the most stalwart ally of the Arab world's biggest country.
- Gaborik leads LA Kings' rally past Montreal, 4-3 in shootout
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 01:39 AM
Marian Gaborik's second power-play goal tied it with 45 seconds left in regulation, and he scored again in the shootout as the Los Angeles Kings rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night.
- Blazers win fifth straight with 94-75 victory over Mavericks
Associated Press, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 01:09 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge had 17 points and 12 rebounds and the Portland Trail Blazers pulled away in the second half for a 94-75 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night.
- Ashley, McConnell lead No. 5 Arizona to 99-60 rout of Cal
USA Today, Friday - 03/06/2015 - 12:17 AM
Ashley, McConnell tie career highs, No. 5 Arizona routs California 99-60
- Video game veteran takes swing at playful app aimed at kids
San Diego Union-Tribune, Thursday - 03/05/2015 - 11:48 PM
In a sea of virtual-reality headsets and monitors broadcasting video games, there's something that seems completely alien at the Game Developers Conference: a swing set.
- UTEP beats N. Texas 83-60; pulls into 4-way tie for second
USA Today, Thursday - 03/05/2015 - 11:23 PM
Hunter scores 18 points as UTEP beats North Texas 83-60 to forge 4-way tie for second in C-USA
- E'Twaun Moore lifts Bulls past Westbrook, Thunder
USA Today, Thursday - 03/05/2015 - 10:57 PM
E'Twaun Moore hits 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left, Bulls beat Westbrook, Thunder 108-105