- With clerk jailed, gay Kentucky couple gets marriage license
Minneapolis Star Tribune, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 08:50 AM
A gay couple emerged from the office of a defiant county clerk with a marriage license in hand Friday morning, embracing and crying after a lengthy standoff that landed the clerk in jail for her refusal to issue the licenses because she opposed same-sex marriage.
- US employers add 173K jobs in August; rate falls to 5.1 pct.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 08:38 AM
The U. S. unemployment rate fell to a seven-year low in August as employers added a modest 173,000 jobs, a key piece of evidence for the Federal Reserve in deciding whether to…
- Rocker Chrissie Hynde: Assault by bikers is 'the way it was'
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 08:31 AM
Legendary rocker Chrissie Hynde was with the band. And not just as the sultry-voiced singer with the Pretenders, which won popularity decades ago with hits such as "Brass in Po…
- US employers added 173,000 jobs in August; unemployment rate falls to 7-year low of 5.1 pct.
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 08:30 AM
US employers added 173,000 jobs in August; unemployment rate falls to 7-year low of 5.1 pct.
- Benghazi panel to interview more of Clinton's inner circle
Tampa Tribune, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 06:47 AM
- Afghan artist paints Kabul's walls of war to help heal city
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 05:02 AM
A city at war, the Afghan capital is among the ugliest in the world.
- Players hoping "Deflategate" can usher in change
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 04:49 AM
Tom Brady is free and Ramon Foster can't help but laugh. Sorry, the irony is just a little too delicious.
- US promising help to keep Iran in check in Middle East
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 03:48 AM
The Obama administration is greeting King Salman of Saudi Arabia with assurances that a nuclear deal with Iran will also come with the necessary resources to check its influence.
- From eggs to trees, USDA promotional programs controversial
Associated Press, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 03:41 AM
The slogans are familiar: "The Incredible Edible Egg," "Pork: The Other White Meat," and "Got Milk?"
- Airman who helped stop train attack set returns to US
Tampa Tribune, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 02:47 AM
- No. 1 up for grabs at 2nd playoff event in Boston
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 02:25 AM
The second FedEx Cup playoff event is all about the Big Three.
- Philly businesses wary, excited by prospect of papal crowds
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 01:11 AM
Philly businesses wary, excited by prospect of papal crowds
- Horse industry worries about plans to curb casino subsidies
Associated Press, Friday - 09/04/2015 - 12:57 AM
Horse track operators and breeders are concerned the good times might be trotting to a close as some states move to rein in a lucrative subsidy that's helped prop up their long suffering-industry.
- Panthers roll by Steelers in preseason finale 23-6
Daily Oklahoman, Thursday - 09/03/2015 - 11:17 PM
Jordan Todman ran for a long touchdown and Carolina's defense shut down the Pittsburgh Steelers backups in a 23-6 win on Thursday night in the preseason finale for both teams. Todman had a 49-yard sprint in the second quarter and Joe Webb found tight end Marcus Lucas for a 23-yard score just before the half as the Panthers rolled.
- Lions beat Bills 17-10 in preseason finale
USA Today, Thursday - 09/03/2015 - 11:17 PM
Lions top Bills 17-10 in preseason finale, Detroit WR TJ Jones take advantage of opportunities
- Arizona's Wright goes down with knee injury in season opener
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Thursday - 09/03/2015 - 11:06 PM
Arizona All-America linebacker Scooby Wright injured his left knee in the 22nd-ranked Wildcats' opener against UTSA on Thursday night.
- Myers Kicks 47-Yard FG to Lift Jaguars Past Redskins 17-16
NY Times, Thursday - 09/03/2015 - 10:39 PM
Jason Myers kicked a 47-yard field goal with 3:32 left in his debut as Jacksonville's starter, and the Jaguars beat the Washington Redskins 17-16 on Thursday night.