- Amid tensions, Japan navy chief wants exchanges with China
Associated Press, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 01:55 PM
Japan's top naval officer is open to resuming engagement with China's navy despite strong concerns about Chinese activities near disputed islands in the East China Sea.
- Chinese firm charged with plotting to evade NKorea sanctions
Minneapolis Star Tribune, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 01:49 PM
- Jewish WWII 'Avenger' Joseph Harmatz dead at 91
Associated Press, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 01:30 PM
Holocaust survivor Joseph Harmatz, who led the most daring attempt by Jews to seek revenge against their former Nazi tormentors, has died. He was 91.
- Showdown: Congress looks to override Obama veto of 9/11 bill
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 01:07 PM
Showdown: Congress looks to override Obama veto of 9/11 bill
- Lucky few leave Greece under refugee relocation plan
Associated Press, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 11:49 AM
The bus winding its way through the pre-dawn darkness of Athens' empty streets marks the end of months of danger, hardship and uncertainty. After surviving war, smugglers and perilous sea crossings, its 31 passengers are finally about to start new lives in Europe.
- Lawyer for Mexico drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman claims torture
FOXNews, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 11:32 AM
A lawyer for Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman said Monday he will argue that his client has been the victim of torture.
- Iran releases Canadian-Iranian professor held since June
Minneapolis Star Tribune, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 11:17 AM
- Health care and bank stocks pull US indexes lower
Daily Oklahoman, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 11:17 AM
U. S. stocks are slumping in Monday morning trading as health care companies and banks take the biggest losses.
- Research finds talc doesn't cause cancer; juries disagree
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 11:17 AM
Two lawsuits ended in jury verdicts worth $127 million. Two others were tossed out by a judge who said there wasn't reliable evidence that the talc in Johnson & Johnson's iconic baby powder causes ovarian cancer.…
- The Latest: Tight security ahead of Colombia peace ceremony
Associated Press, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 10:19 AM
- Lands' End CEO leaves company after less than 2 years
Houston Chronicle, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 10:17 AM
The CEO of Lands' End, recruited from the New York fashion house Dolce & Gabbana in a bit of a culture clash, has stepped down after less than two years. Marchionni's call to feature feminist and abortion rights advocate Gloria Steinem in a Lands' End catalog drew the ire of some customers, causing the retailer to issue a public apology and remove Steinem from its website.
- 2 buses headed for NYC crash in Lincoln Tunnel, injuring 23
Daily Oklahoman, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 09:56 AM
Two New Jersey Transit buses headed to New York City's Port Authority Bus Terminal have collided in the Lincoln Tunnel, injuring 23 people. Port Authority Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says the crash occurred around 8:50 a.m.
- Police shoot 'active shooter' at strip mall in Houston
FOXNews, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 09:48 AM
Houston police say several people have been shot at a strip mall in the southwest of the city and that officers shot the gunman.
- Arnold Palmer, a golfing king with common touch, dies at 87
The Herald-Mail, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 09:48 AM
Arnold Palmer charged across the golf course and into America's living rooms with a go-for-broke style that made a country-club sport popular for the everyman. At ease with presidents and the public, he was on a first-name basis with both.
- Dubai airport plans more gates to handle double-decker A380
Daily Oklahoman, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 08:54 AM
Dubai Airports is boosting the number of specialized facilities to handle Airbus A380 planes at the Middle East's busiest airport as hometown carrier Emirates grows its fleet of the double-decker aircraft. The firm said Monday it plans to add 10 more A380 gates with air bridges at Dubai International Airport's Concourse C.
- Some elephants learning to avoid dangerous areas: Expert
Associated Press, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 08:21 AM
Some African elephant herds are adapting to the danger of poaching by moving out of risky areas, according to one conservation group.
- Turkish markets hit by Moody's rating downgrade
FOXNews, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 07:17 AM
Turkey's stock markets and currency have fallen sharply after the country's credit rating was downgraded into junk status by Moody's.