- Savannah St., Citadel all about shooting 3s, shooting fast
Daily Oklahoman, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 06:47 PM
Savannah State coach Horace Broadnax pulled a fast one on his players before the season, and now the Tigers have the fastest offense in Division I basketball. "I told them when you're playing pickup games, push the ball, get the ball out quick and shoot the first available shot," he said.
- S. Korean minister arrested over artist blacklist allegation
Daily Oklahoman, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 10:47 AM
South Korean prosecutors on Saturday arrested President Park Geun-hye's culture minister and her former top presidential adviser over allegations that they blacklisted artists critical of the government. Culture Minister Cho Yoon-sun and ex-presidential chief of staff Kim Ki-choon allegedly drew up the list of thousands of artists and cultural figures to be excluded from government funding programs.
- 2 convicted in shooting that paralyzed "Hoop Dreams" player
Miami Herald, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 10:32 AM
Two men have been convicted of attempted murder and aggravated battery for a shooting that paralyzed a Chicago high school basketball coach who played on one of the teams featured …
- Russian police kills 2 suspected militants in North Caucasus
Miami Herald, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 06:41 AM
Security forces in a volatile province in Russia's North Caucasus have tracked down and killed two suspected militants. Fatina Ubaidatova, a spokeswoman for the Russian Interior Ministry branch in the …
- Trump executive order first strike at ending 'Obamacare'
Minneapolis Star Tribune, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 04:47 AM
- FACT CHECK: Trump's address echoed familiar, dubious themes
Associated Press, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 03:23 AM
Donald Trump's inaugural address held familiar echoes of the campaign speeches that led to his presidential win: downbeat about the state of the nation, to the point of hyperbole. A look at some of his assertions:
- Animal treatment questions cancel 'A Dog's Purpose' premiere
Miami Herald, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 02:05 AM
This weekend's premiere of "A Dog's Purpose" has been canceled following the release of a video that appears to show a frightened dog being forced into churning water during production …
- World jittery about Trump's 'America first' inaugural speech
Associated Press, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 02:03 AM
President Donald Trump's inaugural speech promised "America first" policy, but offered no specifics about America's place in the world.
- Bomb blast kill 18, wounds 51 in northwest Pakistan
Miami Herald, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 02:02 AM
A bomb exploded Saturday in a market in a northwestern tribal region that borders Afghanistan, killing at least 18 people and wounding at least 51. Dr. Sabir Hussain at the …
- 2 killed, 10 missing in central China landslide
Miami Herald, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 01:41 AM
At least two people have been killed and 10 others are missing after a hotel in central China was buried in a landslide. The government of Nanzhang county in Hunan …
- Henrik Sedin nets 1,000th point, Canucks beat Panthers 2-1
Daily Oklahoman, Saturday - 01/21/2017 - 01:05 AM
Henrik Sedin got his 1,000th career point before Luca Sbisa scored the winner in the third period as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Florida Panthers 2-1 on Friday night. Ryan Miller stopped 34 shots for Vancouver, which improved to 8-1-3 in its last 12 games. Jaromir Jagr scored for Florida, and Roberto Luongo made 30 saves in the loss. Sedin came in with a goal and two assists over his last three games to get to 999 points.
- Aaron Rodgers says he, others caught bug going around Packers' locker room
Detroit Free Press, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 07:50 PM
Rodgers, Jordy Nelson and Mason Crosby are among those players who have caught illness.
- Protesters break windows, throw rocks before inauguration
Journal & Courier, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 12:09 PM
Protesters were blocking some security checkpoints today, with one group chaining themselves to metal barricades. Police said the actions resulted in no immediate arrests and that no entrances had been completely shut down.
- Venus Williams takes high road while addressing ESPN commentator
USA Today, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 10:25 AM
Venus Williams addresses comment from ESPN commentator, brushing it aside.
- Paramount inks $1B film co-finance deal with 2 Chinese firms
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 08:47 AM
Paramount Pictures said Friday it has inked a co-financing deal with two Chinese companies for the Hollywood studio's slate of movies over the next three years.
- Inauguration Day: Trump to become America's 45th president
Tampa Tribune, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 03:31 AM
- Protesters, Trump supporters clash outside 'DeploraBall'
Associated Press, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 02:27 AM
Protesters and supporters of President-elect Donald Trump clashed outside a pro-Trump event in Washington the night before his inauguration. Police used chemical spray on some protesters in an effort to control the unruly crowd.
- Marathon bombing film productions won't detail tax credits
Tampa Tribune, Friday - 01/20/2017 - 01:09 AM