- Semien Homers to Push A's Past O's 5-0
NY Times, Wednesday - 08/05/2015 - 01:04 AM
Marcus Semien hit a three-run homer in the sixth inning to help Chris Bassitt earn his first win this season and the Oakland Athletics beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-0 on Tuesday night.
- University of Oregon settles lawsuit over rape allegations
Kansas City Star, Wednesday - 08/05/2015 - 12:54 AM
The University of Oregon has agreed to pay $800,000 to settle a lawsuit brought by a student who claimed she was sexually assaulted last year by three basketball players. …
- GM Baalke: 49ers would like to keep Aldon Smith beyond year
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 08/05/2015 - 12:36 AM
San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke says the 49ers have had preliminary discussions with linebacker Aldon Smith and his agent to let them know the team would …
- Boston mayor wants ban on chewing tobacco at ballparks
Associated Press, Wednesday - 08/05/2015 - 12:17 AM
From iconic Fenway Park to little league fields in Southie, Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh wants to ban the use of snuff and chewing tobacco in sports venues across the city.
- Pence's three-run homer lifts Giants to 8-3 win over Braves
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 11:32 PM
Hunter Pence hit a tie-breaking three-run homer in the eighth inning and the Giants bounced back from a deflating loss with an 8-3 win over the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday night. …
- Ramos' 2-run single give Nationals 5-4 win over D-backs
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 11:32 PM
Wilson Ramos blooped a two-run single to right with one out in the bottom of the eighth that helped the Washington Nationals to a 5-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night. …
- Paper: FBI investigating security of Clinton emails
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 11:25 PM
The Washington Post reports that the FBI is looking into the security of the private email server that Hillary Rodham Clinton used when she was secretary of state.
- US tries to reassure Japan after documents reveal spying
Miami Herald, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:54 PM
Working to prevent tension with a treaty ally, Vice President Joe Biden reassured Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Tuesday that the U. S. limits its surveillance of friendly nations, after leaked documents showed U. S. spying on Japanese officials and companies. …
- Franco's Slam Lifts Phillies Over Dodgers 6-2
NY Times, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:46 PM
Maikel Franco hit a tiebreaking grand slam in the seventh inning to spoil Jimmy Rollins' return to Philadelphia and lead the Phillies to a 6-2 victory over the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night.
- McCann, A-Rod and Yankees break loose again, rout Red Sox
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:42 PM
Brian McCann and Chris Young hit three-run homers during a nine-run burst in the seventh inning and the New York Yankees broke loose once again, romping past the Boston Red Sox…
- Hillary Clinton slams Bush on immigration, women's health
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:37 PM
Hillary Clinton is slamming Jeb Bush and other Republicans over immigration and women's health.
- 'Community' booster Ken Jeong longs for movie version
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 09:58 PM
Community" cast member Ken Jeong has a new gig on ABC but he'd be glad to see the comedy stay alive.
- Fans, media line up for dos Santos at Galaxy practice
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 09:02 PM
Some 50 fans, many wearing Giovani dos Santos' Mexican national team jersey, gathered to see the 26-year old before and after his second practice with the Galaxy on Tuesday.
- Hall-bound, Ron Wolf keeps tabs on Packers through proteges
USA Today, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 08:32 PM
Headed for Hall, former GM Ron Wolf keep tabs on Packers through proteges Thompson, Eliot Wolf
- Witten, Cowboys seek repeat playoff run after past failures
Waco Tribune-Herald, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 08:25 PM
Jason Witten doesn't deny that the Cowboys had a more complicated locker room with Terrell Owens in it and a different message coming from the top when Wade Phillips was the coac
- Netflix to give workers with babies a year of paid leave
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 06:43 PM
Netflix is letting new parents on its payroll to take up to a year's paid leave in a move that could pressure other technology employers to improve their baby benefits as they vie for talent. …
- Kelly Osbourne apologizes for 'View' remarks about Latinos
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 06:23 PM
Kelly Osbourne has apologized for remarks she made on "The View" that suggested if Latinos were expelled from the United States, there would be no one to clean Donald Trump'…
- Who's in and who's out at the first GOP presidential debate
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 06:11 PM
Fox News has selected the 10 Republican presidential candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 presidential campaign.