- Pence's three-run homer lifts Giants to 8-3 win over Braves
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 11:32 PM
Hunter Pence hit a tie-breaking three-run homer in the eighth inning and the Giants bounced back from a deflating loss with an 8-3 win over the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday night. …
- Ramos' 2-run single give Nationals 5-4 win over D-backs
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 11:32 PM
Wilson Ramos blooped a two-run single to right with one out in the bottom of the eighth that helped the Washington Nationals to a 5-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night. …
- Paper: FBI investigating security of Clinton emails
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 11:25 PM
The Washington Post reports that the FBI is looking into the security of the private email server that Hillary Rodham Clinton used when she was secretary of state.
- US tries to reassure Japan after documents reveal spying
Miami Herald, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:54 PM
Working to prevent tension with a treaty ally, Vice President Joe Biden reassured Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Tuesday that the U. S. limits its surveillance of friendly nations, after leaked documents showed U. S. spying on Japanese officials and companies. …
- Franco's Slam Lifts Phillies Over Dodgers 6-2
NY Times, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:46 PM
Maikel Franco hit a tiebreaking grand slam in the seventh inning to spoil Jimmy Rollins' return to Philadelphia and lead the Phillies to a 6-2 victory over the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night.
- McCann, A-Rod and Yankees break loose again, rout Red Sox
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:42 PM
Brian McCann and Chris Young hit three-run homers during a nine-run burst in the seventh inning and the New York Yankees broke loose once again, romping past the Boston Red Sox…
- Hillary Clinton slams Bush on immigration, women's health
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 10:37 PM
Hillary Clinton is slamming Jeb Bush and other Republicans over immigration and women's health.
- 'Community' booster Ken Jeong longs for movie version
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 09:58 PM
Community" cast member Ken Jeong has a new gig on ABC but he'd be glad to see the comedy stay alive.
- Fans, media line up for dos Santos at Galaxy practice
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 09:02 PM
Some 50 fans, many wearing Giovani dos Santos' Mexican national team jersey, gathered to see the 26-year old before and after his second practice with the Galaxy on Tuesday.
- Hall-bound, Ron Wolf keeps tabs on Packers through proteges
USA Today, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 08:32 PM
Headed for Hall, former GM Ron Wolf keep tabs on Packers through proteges Thompson, Eliot Wolf
- Witten, Cowboys seek repeat playoff run after past failures
Waco Tribune-Herald, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 08:25 PM
Jason Witten doesn't deny that the Cowboys had a more complicated locker room with Terrell Owens in it and a different message coming from the top when Wade Phillips was the coac
- Netflix to give workers with babies a year of paid leave
Kansas City Star, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 06:43 PM
Netflix is letting new parents on its payroll to take up to a year's paid leave in a move that could pressure other technology employers to improve their baby benefits as they vie for talent. …
- Kelly Osbourne apologizes for 'View' remarks about Latinos
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 06:23 PM
Kelly Osbourne has apologized for remarks she made on "The View" that suggested if Latinos were expelled from the United States, there would be no one to clean Donald Trump'…
- Who's in and who's out at the first GOP presidential debate
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 06:11 PM
Fox News has selected the 10 Republican presidential candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Travelers CEO to step down in December, cites health issues
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 05:42 PM
The Travelers Cos. Inc. says that Chairman and CEO Jay S. Fishman will step down as CEO on Dec. 1 due to health problems. The company said Alan D. Schnitzer, head of the…
- Bush earned over $9 million from business, speaking gigs
Associated Press, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 05:08 PM
Newly released financial records show that Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush earned more than $9 million from his business endeavors and speaking fees.
- Obama calls for more female and minority entrepreneurs
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 04:45 PM
President Barack Obama says underrepresentation of women and minorities among the nation's startups is hurting business.
- Woman can go ahead with lawsuit alleging Facebook defamation
Daily Oklahoman, Tuesday - 08/04/2015 - 04:38 PM
A New York court has reinstated the claims of a woman who says an ex-boyfriend broke into her Facebook account and sent malicious sexual statements. The 2nd U. S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan on Tuesday restored the $350,000 lawsuit Chantay Sewell brought against Phil Bernardin. A lower-court judge said the statute of limitations had expired on Sewell's claims Bernardin broke into AOL and Facebook accounts.