- Popular Nevada governor looms over fight for Reid seat
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 05:02 AM
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid's decision to retire next year leaves no clear successor in his home state of Nevada, where a popular Republican governor appears reluctant to change jobs and the pending loss of Reid's clout in Washington is causing anxiety over who might replace him.
- Confident Cauley-Stein thriving in mentor role for Wildcats
USA Today, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 03:32 AM
Big Willie style: Versatile 7-footer Willie Cauley-Stein basking in unbeaten Kentucky run
- Malaysia poised to sign new F1 hosting deal
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 03:32 AM
Malaysian Grand Prix organizers are poised to sign a new three-year contract to host Formula One at the Sepang International Circuit, with a final agreement expected ne…
- Early states in presidential primary may be losing clout
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 03:03 AM
Few states have shaped presidential politics like Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.
- Back door: Duke bettors win on last free throw after review
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 02:37 AM
Think that last free throw was meaningless for Duke as it beat Utah in the Sweet 16? Thousands of gamblers in Las Vegas disagree.
- Dodgers' Greinke Struggles in 8-4 Loss to Giants
NY Times, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 01:23 AM
Zack Greinke struggled with his command in his fourth spring start, allowing five hits in 3 2-3 innings as the Los Angeles Dodgers fell to the San Francisco Giants 8-4 on Friday night.
- Freshman-led Duke in another regional final, beat Utah 63-57
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Saturday - 03/28/2015 - 12:23 AM
Mike Krzyzewski and Duke are one win away from getting back to the NCAA Final Four, this time with a talented group of freshmen.
- Evans helps desperate Pelicans end skid vs. Kings, 102-88
Sacramento Bee, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 11:02 PM
Tryeke Evans had 25 points and 10 assists, and the New Orleans Pelicans snapped a four-game losing streak with a 102-88 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Friday night. …
- INSIDE THE MADNESS: Irish vs blue again, Zags '99 rewind
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 11:02 PM
Notes and tidbits from around the NCAA Tournament on Friday:
- Jackson has triple-double, leads Pistons over Magic 111-97
USA Today, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 10:48 PM
Jackson earns triple-double in Pistons' 111-97 victory over Magic
- Harden scores 33 as Rockets beat Wolves, clinch playoff spot
San Antonio Express-News, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 10:47 PM
James Harden had 33 points and eight assists as the Houston Rockets clinched a playoff spot with a 120-110 victory over the short-handed Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night. Jason Terry scored 17 points and Corey Brewer had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Rockets, who are in third place in the Western Conference and clinched a playoff spot for the third straight year.
- Curry, Thompson Lead Warriors in Rout Over Grizzlies
NY Times, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 10:38 PM
Stephen Curry had 38 points and 10 assists and the Golden State Warriors won their 60th game, matching a franchise record, 107-84 over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night.
- Paul, Jordan lead Clippers in 119-98 rout of 76ers
Kansas City Star, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 10:17 PM
Chris Paul scored 25 points, DeAndre Jordan had 17 points and 20 rebounds, and the Los Angeles Clippers cruised to a 119-98 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night. …
- Louisville beats NC State 75-65; on to Elite 8
Associated Press, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 09:56 PM
Montrezl Harrell scored 24 points, reserve Anton Gill keyed a late-game surge, and Louisville beat North Carolina State 75-65 on Friday night in the East Regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
- Hot Rod Hundley, former NBA player and Jazz announcer, dies
Daily Oklahoman, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 09:53 PM
Hot Rod Hundley, the former NBA player who broadcast Jazz games in New Orleans and Utah for 35 years, died Friday.
- South Carolina holds off North Carolina 67-65 in NCAAs
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 09:42 PM
Tiffany Mitchell drove to the basket and scored with 4.2 seconds left and South Carolina edged North Carolina 67-65 on Friday night in the NCAA Tournament's round of 16.
- California couple's kidnap-for-ransom claim: Things to know
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 03/27/2015 - 09:32 PM
A California woman and her boyfriend say kidnappers entered their house in the middle of the night this week, abducted the woman and held her for ransom before releasing her two days later. Police are skeptical.