- Supreme Court to hear challenge over offensive trademarks
Kansas City Star, Thursday - 09/29/2016 - 10:49 AM
The Supreme Court will hear a First Amendment challenge over the government's refusal to register offensive trademarks in a case that could affect the Washington Redskins. The justices agreed Thursday …
- Mary J. Blige explains why she sang to Clinton during talk
Associated Press, Thursday - 09/29/2016 - 10:04 AM
Mary J. Blige said she decided to sing Bruce Springsteen's "American Skin (41 Shots)" to Hillary Clinton during her recent interview because she was trying to get the Democratic presidential nominee to feel and understand the widening frustration among blacks in America over police brutality and similar topics.
- 'All My Children' creator Agnes Nixon dies at 93
USA Today, Wednesday - 09/28/2016 - 08:17 PM
Nixon was also the creative mind behind 'One Life to Live.'
- Disney to make live-action 'Lion King,' Favreau directing
Daily Oklahoman, Wednesday - 09/28/2016 - 11:16 AM
The animated classic "The Lion King" will be the latest Disney film to get a live-action remake. Disney announced Wednesday that Jon Favreau, who helmed the box-office hit "Jungle Book" remake, will direct the new "Lion King.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to host 'Saturday Night Live'
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 09/28/2016 - 10:49 AM
Alexander Hamilton is coming to "Saturday Night Live."
- Abdul-Jabbar writing book about UCLA coach John Wooden
Associated Press, Wednesday - 09/28/2016 - 08:02 AM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's next book will be a fond look back at his long friendship with John Wooden, the celebrated basketball coach at UCLA.
- Filmmaker Michael Moore says theater won't allow his show
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Wednesday - 09/28/2016 - 02:17 AM
Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore says he's not allowed to perform a one-man show about the presidential race at a central Ohio theater because officials there consider him too controversial.
- Tom Hanks crashes wedding photo shoot in Central Park
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Tuesday - 09/27/2016 - 11:02 AM
Tom Hanks took a break from a jog around New York to surprise a couple on their wedding day.
- Associated Press buys British Movietone film archive
Associated Press, Tuesday - 09/27/2016 - 06:57 AM
The Associated Press has purchased the film archive of British Movietone, bolstering the news cooperative's collection with historic video from World War II, the Beatles' conquest of America and the romance between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson.
- Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts separating after 11 years
Phoenix Arizona Republic, Monday - 09/26/2016 - 07:35 PM
Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts are separating after 11 years together.
- Reaction to Arnold Palmer's death Sunday
Miami Herald, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 11:32 PM
Reaction to golf great Arnold Palmer's death Sunday at age 87 in Pittsburgh: "At this point I don't know what happened, and I suppose it is not important what happened. …
- 'Magnificent Seven' rides Denzel's star power to $35M debut
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Sunday - 09/25/2016 - 12:32 PM
Antoine Fuqua's "The Magnificent Seven" remake rode the star power of Denzel Washington to an estimated $35 million debut, topping North American ticket sales over the weekend.