- High rollers: Dealers describe special treatment, abuse
Associated Press, Tuesday - 07/28/2015 - 09:07 AM
One high roller requests a refrigerator full of bananas that he squeezes and throws as he gambles. Another urinates against a wall. Other high-stakes players described by a pit manager at Mohegan Sun, one of the world's largest casinos, throw chairs, scream at dealers and expect rules to be bent at the tables.
- NEH announces $1.7 million in grants for nonfiction books
Waco Tribune-Herald, Tuesday - 07/28/2015 - 12:02 AM
Prize-winning authors Diane McWhorter and Edward Ball are among 36 recipients of grants from a new government program that supports scholarly nonfiction books, a struggling genre in re
- Rubio: US has 'long' and 'painful' history of discrimination
Waco Tribune-Herald, Monday - 07/27/2015 - 09:32 PM
Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must acknowledge a "painful" history of racial discrimination that still affects many minorities.
- Trial set for man who threw banana peel at Dave Chappelle
Waco Tribune-Herald, Monday - 07/27/2015 - 03:25 PM
The man accused of throwing a banana peel at comedian Dave Chappelle during a New Mexico performance is headed to court.
- Fiat Chrysler settlement with gov't could prove costly
Waco Tribune-Herald, Monday - 07/27/2015 - 03:21 PM
Fiat Chrysler could be required to lay out hundreds of millions of dollars to get potentially defective Ram pickups and older Jeeps off the road under a deal with safety regulators to s
- Bobbi Kristina Brown dead at 22
The Times (Trenton), Sunday - 07/26/2015 - 09:48 PM
Bobbi Kristina Brown's life was filled with as much promise and privilege as it was chaos
- Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Whitney Houston, has died
Associated Press, Sunday - 07/26/2015 - 09:19 PM
A representative for the Houston family has said Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of the late entertainer Whitney Houston and R&B singer Bobby Brown, has died, about 7 months after she was found face-down and unresponsive in a bathtub. She was 22 years old.
- Gunman in theater shooting had history of seeking vengeance
Waco Tribune-Herald, Sunday - 07/26/2015 - 02:19 PM
The stranger clenched his fists and shook his head, recounting a time when he tried and failed to beat a cat to death with a steel rod.
- Texas county where inmate died has history of racial tension
Waco Tribune-Herald, Sunday - 07/26/2015 - 12:04 PM
The Texas county where a black woman died in jail after a traffic stop by a white state trooper has a long history of racial strife.
- Lizette Salas opens 4-shot lead in Meijer LPGA Classic
Waco Tribune-Herald, Saturday - 07/25/2015 - 05:59 PM
Lizette Salas shot a 7-under 64 on Saturday to take a four-stroke lead in the Meijer LPGA Classic, putting her in position for her second tour title.
- Ga. debates Confederate carving set in stone and state law
The Telegraph (Macon), Saturday - 07/25/2015 - 11:34 AM
Art, monument or embarrassment?
- Theater gunman known as angry man with radical views
Associated Press, Friday - 07/24/2015 - 04:29 PM
For decades before he opened fire in a Louisiana movie theater and killed two people, John Russell Houser was known as a man prone to anger, a loudmouth provocateur never afraid to share his opinion.