- Lowest prices on last-minute Super Bowl tickets near $9,000
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 01/31/2015 - 04:17 PM
In previous years, the scenario for getting Super Bowl tickets at a reasonable price was simply waiting until the last possible minute to buy.
- NYC to pay $5M to kin of man killed in 'Mafia cops' case
The York Dispatch, Saturday - 01/31/2015 - 10:47 AM
mdash; Nicholas Guido was showing off his new car outside his mother's home on Christmas Day 1986 when he was gunned down because he'd been mistaken for a mobster with the same name.
- Revel sale put on hold while nightclub appeals terms
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 01/31/2015 - 10:39 AM
The sale of Atlantic City's former Revel casino is hold while the company that ran its popular nightclub and beach bar appeals.
- Pilots in helium-filled balloon land safely in Mexico
Waco Tribune-Herald, Saturday - 01/31/2015 - 09:38 AM
Two pilots in a helium-filled balloon landed safely off the coast of Mexico on Saturday after a nearly 7,000-mile long trip across the Pacific Ocean.
- Judge: Jury can watch Super Bowl unless Hernandez mentioned
El Paso Times, Saturday - 01/31/2015 - 04:47 AM
The judge overseeing former New England Patriots standout Aaron Hernandez's murder trial says jurors can watch this weekend's Super Bowl but must be vigilant for any mention of him.
- A Super Bowl weekend at a golf tournament without Tiger
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 01/31/2015 - 04:32 AM
Three previous trips were enough for Tiger Woods to leave quite an impression at the Phoenix Open. The hole-in-one on the most raucous hole in golf. Fans moving a half-ton boulder. A kid tossing an orange onto the green when he was putting.
- US to provide privacy group with memo on surveillance
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 05:23 PM
The Justice Department has agreed to turn over a legal opinion regarding government surveillance and census data after a years-long court fight with a privacy group.
- IS hostage drama shows change in propaganda technique
Waco Tribune-Herald, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 04:17 PM
The latest Islamic State hostage drama involving a veteran Japanese war correspondent and a young Jordanian pilot marks the first time the group has publicly demanded prisoner releases.
- Oil soars on signs US oil companies curtail production
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 03:35 PM
The price of oil is up 7 percent on indications that production in the U. S. has slowed following the big drop in prices since last June.
- Stock market heading lower in midday trading
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 11:59 AM
The stock market is heading lower in midday trading as investors sift through mixed economic and corporate news.
- Olympic champ Zaripova faces losing gold in doping ban
Waco Tribune-Herald, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 10:55 AM
Russian athlete Yulia Zaripova faces losing her gold medal in the 3,000 steeplechase from the 2012 London Olympics after being banned for doping.
- US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth in fourth quarter
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 09:32 AM
The U. S. economy slowed in the final three months of 2014 as a big burst in consumer spending was offset by weakness in other areas.
- US pay and benefits rose by most in 6 years last year
San Diego Union-Tribune, Friday - 01/30/2015 - 08:37 AM
Wages and benefits rose at the fastest pace in six years last year, a sign strong job gains could be forcing companies to pay a bit more for workers.