- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into Hall of Fame
Associated Press, Sunday - 07/24/2016 - 05:44 PM
Two players who began their careers at opposite ends of the spectrum nearly three decades ago ended up in the same place on Sunday - with their names etched on plaques at the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Civil-rights marchers: US still needs to address inequality
San Diego Union-Tribune, Sunday - 07/24/2016 - 09:48 AM
A half-century ago, thousands joined a march across Mississippi to challenge a system that condoned violence against black people and suppressed their rights — issues still reverberating in today's national debates about police violence.
- The Latest: 3 hurt in Virginia shooting, suspect sought
San Diego Union-Tribune, Sunday - 07/24/2016 - 08:54 AM
The Latest on a shooting in Virginia that left three people injured early Sunday (all times local):
- AP Exclusive: Medicare safeguard overwhelmed by pricey drugs
San Diego Union-Tribune, Sunday - 07/24/2016 - 08:49 AM
A safeguard for Medicare beneficiaries has become a way for drugmakers to get paid billions of dollars for pricey medications at taxpayer expense, government numbers show.
- AP Poll: Support grows among Americans for stricter gun laws
San Diego Union-Tribune, Sunday - 07/24/2016 - 04:47 AM
Americans increasingly favor tougher gun laws by margins that have grown wider after a steady drumbeat of shootings in recent months, but they also are pessimistic that change will happen anytime soon, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.
- California governor denies parole for Manson follower
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 07/23/2016 - 08:47 PM
California Gov. Jerry Brown denied parole Friday for Leslie Van Houten, the youngest follower of murderous cult leader Charles Manson who is serving a life sentence for killing a wealthy grocer and his wife more than 40 years ago.
- Title of new 'Trek' series revealed: 'Star Trek Discovery'
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 07/23/2016 - 07:32 PM
The next chapter of the "Star Trek" franchise will be called "Star Trek Discovery."
- Hungary's Viktor Orban says Donald Trump better for Europe
FOXNews, Saturday - 07/23/2016 - 09:17 AM
Hungary's prime minister says the anti-terrorism proposals of U. S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump make him the better option for Europe and Hungary.
- Solar projects can't save the forest for the trees?
San Diego Union-Tribune, Saturday - 07/23/2016 - 07:54 AM
A green energy project has some environmentalists seeing red.
- Hillary Clinton chooses Va. Sen. Tim Kaine as running mate
The Intelligencer (Doylestown, Pennsylvania), Saturday - 07/23/2016 - 04:47 AM
- Indiana court tosses woman's feticide conviction
Republican-American, Friday - 07/22/2016 - 08:47 PM
mdash; The Indiana Court of Appeals overturned the feticide conviction of a woman found guilty of killing her premature infant by taking abortion-inducing drugs, saying Friday the state's law wasn't intended to be used "to prosecute women for their own abortions."
- Future Trump Cabinet prospects jostle in Cleveland
San Diego Union-Tribune, Thursday - 07/21/2016 - 04:32 AM
Donald Trump need look no farther than this week's GOP crowd at the Quicken Loans Arena to assemble a future Cabinet.
- Clinton has more cash; Trump forgives loans
San Diego Union-Tribune, Thursday - 07/21/2016 - 04:02 AM
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her party entered July with nearly $11 million more on hand than her Republican counterpart's operations, a strong showing of fundraising as both campaigns dive into the general election.