- Classic buildings for art, politics in Downtown Sacramento
San Francisco Chronicle, Monday - 08/29/2016 - 10:21 PM
Taking up a sizable 37 acres of real estate and featuring a huge assortment of trees from around the world, Capitol Park is a destination unto itself. Downtown, which starts at Third Street, stretches east to 16th Street and is contained mostly between S and I streets, is also home to the hip R Street Corridor, a former warehouse district.
- I tried out 5 cheap airlines this summer. Here's what I found
Los Angeles Times, Monday - 08/29/2016 - 10:47 AM
Booking a flight to your vacation destination can be stressful, especially if you’ve never heard of some of the carriers you’re seeing. (Is “Wow” really the name of an airline? It is.) And most of the new carriers are advertising low fares, but you have some reservations. Are they trustworthy?
- On the Ground: For a Perfect Catch in Seattle, Fishmongers Go for the Halibut
New York Times, Monday - 08/29/2016 - 05:45 AM
At Pike Place Market, fresh fish may fly 20 feet or more before they drop into the waiting hands of a fishmonger.
- Ask the Captain: Are solar and biofuel jets coming soon?
USA Today, Sunday - 08/28/2016 - 04:47 PM
The flight of the Solar Impulse 2 is a great step forward in alternative energy.
- films&programs for 8/28 print and online
Los Angeles Times, Sunday - 08/28/2016 - 10:47 AM
RUNNING Workshop REI experts will discuss trail-running techniques and training as well as favorite places to run trails in Southern California. When, where: 7 p.m. Tuesday at the REI store in Woodland Hills, 6220 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Admission, info: Free. (818) 703-5300 YOSEMITE Presentation
- Getaway to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, drops to $329 on Southwest from Orange County
Los Angeles Times, Friday - 08/26/2016 - 12:47 PM
You can find fun in the sun and a quaint city center in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, which Southwest has put on sale: $329 round trip from Orange County’s John Wayne Airport. The fare, which is subject to availability, includes all taxes and fees. It is for travel Sept.6 through March 2, with blackouts
- 10 great international national parks
USA Today, Friday - 08/26/2016 - 08:47 AM
- National Park Service centennial on Instagram: Outdoor lovers (even Loki the Wolfdog) share breathtaking scenes @whitehouse
Los Angeles Times, Thursday - 08/25/2016 - 04:47 PM
If you follow the White House on Instagram (@whitehouse), you won't see the usual presidential goings-ons. Photographers, adventurers and outdoors lovers have "taken over" the site Thursday in honor of the National Park Service's centennial. You can spend the day cherishing some of the most beautiful
- Park Service seeks minorities’ support as it marks 100 years
Washington Post, Thursday - 08/25/2016 - 12:47 PM
When Asha Jones and other Grand Canyon interns arrived for their summer at the national park, they were struck by its sheer immensity, beauty and world-class hiking trails. Soon, they noticed something else.
- The National Park Service celebrates its 100th anniversary
USA Today, Thursday - 08/25/2016 - 10:47 AM
For the past 100 years, the NPS has cared for our most treasured lands and history.
- If You're Not Booking Travel in the Fall Now, You're Getting Hosed
New York Daily News, Thursday - 08/25/2016 - 05:01 AM
- Another New Zika Case Found in Florida
NBC News, Wednesday - 08/24/2016 - 06:48 PM
Florida reported a new homegrown case of Zika virus Wednesday, this one in Palm Beach County.