- The Week in Pictures: April 10 - 17
NBC News, Thursday - 04/17/2014 - 06:47 PM
Chile fire scorches, North Korea’s marathon welcomes tourists, Holy Week brings penitents, an Orangutan gets a check-up and more.
- Photos: 10 Luxurious Spots That Put the "G" in Glamping
ABCNews, Wednesday - 04/16/2014 - 04:47 PM
Not a bit of roughing it happening at these amazing glamping destinations.
- In Transit Blog: A Scottish Trail Will Celebrate John Muir
New York Times, Wednesday - 04/16/2014 - 04:00 PM
John Muir Way, a 134-mile marked trail that will honor the conservationist, will open in Scotland on April 21.
- Land Rover Gives Virgin Galactic a Lift on the Road to Space
NBC News, Tuesday - 04/15/2014 - 10:47 PM
Virgin Galactic's customers will be riding Land Rover vehicles over rugged roads en route to their rendezvous with outer space, thanks to a newly announced partnership between the space travel company and the British automaker.
- 'Nomadic Retirees' Sell Home to Travel the World
NBC News, Tuesday - 04/15/2014 - 10:47 AM
Carefree travel has long been the province of backpackers, 20-somethings and other free spirits without mortgages, jobs and other worldly concerns.
- T Magazine: Food Matters | In Monte Carlo, the First All-Organic Restaurant to Receive a Michelin Star
New York Times, Monday - 04/14/2014 - 04:06 PM
Elsa, at the Monte Carlo Beach Hotel, serves healthful haute cuisine in an inspired seaside setting.
- Chambers Bay Golf Course puts Washington in 2015 world spotlight; I do it this weekend
Portland Oregonian, Sunday - 04/13/2014 - 08:47 PM
I plan to be blogging big time this coming weekend, April 19-20, about things to do in Washington state that may fit into your summer travel plans.
- North Korea Marathon Opens Pyongyang Streets to Foreign Tourists
NBC News, Sunday - 04/13/2014 - 12:47 PM
Pyongyang was filled with runners from all over the world on Sunday for the annual marathon, open to foreign amateurs for the first time.
- Seaside's great weather makes it ideal day to cruise Broadway on Oregon Coast
Portland Oregonian, Saturday - 04/12/2014 - 08:47 PM
You don't need a weatherman to tell you how nice Saturday was at the Oregon coast. Just look at the picture!
- In Sydney, Lively Culture Amid Natural Beauty
New York Times, Friday - 04/11/2014 - 02:04 PM
From museums to movies, galleries to art tours, explore the cultural side of a city known for its looks.
- Reading, Pa., looks to the future with a renewed sense of pride
Washington Post, Thursday - 04/10/2014 - 10:47 PM
Rita Ritter almost didn’t see the dilapidated Victorian house on Perkiomen Avenue in Reading, Pa. “It was surrounded by mulberry trees and bushes,” she said. “It was a gem waiting to be polished.” The house had been vacant for years, and water had leaked through three floors. Ritter uprooted poison ivy and “rehabbed, rewired” everything; $50,000 later, the slate roof has been patched and collapsed plaster walls have been rebuilt.
- Explorer : In Search of ‘Wild’ Costa Rica
New York Times, Thursday - 04/10/2014 - 04:09 PM
Seeking a more untamed wildlife experience, a family heads to the remote Osa Peninsula on the country’s Pacific coast.
- Megabus Introduces Reserved Seating
ABCNews, Thursday - 04/10/2014 - 02:47 PM
10 of the best seats can be reserved in advance -- for a fee of course.