- Get Out: Iceland Evacuates Region Near Rumbling Volcano
NBC News, Wednesday - 08/20/2014 - 06:47 PM
The country's civil protection agency says that the seismic activity around Bardarbunga could lead to a volcanic eruption.
- 36 Hours in Glasgow
New York Times, Wednesday - 08/20/2014 - 12:05 PM
Whether you’re looking for art or music, shops or nature, a cup of tea or a dram of whisky, you can find it during a weekend in this city in western Scotland.
- Ebola Virus Deals Blow to Africa Tourism
Wall Street Journal, Wednesday - 08/20/2014 - 02:47 AM
The outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa is threatening tourism across the continent, as jittery travelers reconsider trips to places as far away as Kenya and South Africa.
- U.S. Changing Rules for No-Fly List
NBC News, Tuesday - 08/19/2014 - 04:47 PM
The Obama administration says it plans to change the way travelers can ask to be removed from its no-fly list of suspected terrorists.
- 'Dream' or Nightmare? Adventurer Hurtles Toward Beach
NBC News, Tuesday - 08/19/2014 - 12:47 PM
A band of European adventurers are aiming to go "around the world in 80 jumps."
- Unfriendly Skies: Feds Ban Flights Over Syria
NBC News, Tuesday - 08/19/2014 - 08:47 AM
FAA cites extremist groups equipped with anti-aircraft weapons that could pose a serious threat.
- T Magazine: Now Booking | A Ladies’ Hotel Open to All
New York Times, Monday - 08/18/2014 - 08:00 AM
The Martha Washington hotel, built over a century ago to house unmarried women, will reopen next month in New York’s NoMad neighborhood.
- Brunei Bids for Hotels in New York, London
Wall Street Journal, Sunday - 08/17/2014 - 04:47 AM
An investment vehicle affiliated with Brunei has offered to pay about $2 billion to acquire New York's iconic Plaza Hotel, London's Grosvenor House and the Dream Hotel in lower Manhattan.
- Beaverton's Six Moon Designs finds a home in niche ultralight backpacking market
Portland Oregonian, Saturday - 08/16/2014 - 02:47 PM
Six Moon Designs started out of owner Ronald Moak's home, and now sells products in multiple countries across the world.
- In Transit Blog: Everyone Gets a Share, of Everything
New York Times, Saturday - 08/16/2014 - 10:30 AM
The success of operations like Airbnb in room rentals has spawned businesses related to recreation, dining and transportation.
- Panama Canal Turns 100: See Photos of Its Construction
NBC News, Friday - 08/15/2014 - 04:47 PM
Friday marks the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Panama Canal, the 48-mile waterway connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- 'Walk the Line' home with Johnny Cash
CNN, Friday - 08/15/2014 - 08:47 AM
Want to "Walk the Line" where Johnny Cash once played as a child? His childhood home, now an Arkansas Heritage Site, opens for visitors on Saturday.
- Cruise lines offering more options for beverage packages
Miami Herald, Friday - 08/15/2014 - 12:00 AM
For vacationers, the biggest surprise aboard their first cruise probably has nothing to do with the feel of rolling seas. More likely, the surprise will be their bar tab.