Baby food shortage in Europe due to China demand Yong-Hee Kim still can't believe that in a prosperous country like Germany, powdered baby formula would ever be rationed and that she would have to scour shops in the German capital to find the right brand for her 13-month-old son. More
Bill Gates statement on the outcome of the 5th Global Fund Replenishment Conference for 2017-2019 For more information about today's pledges, visit http://www.theglobalfund.org/en/news/2016-09-17_Global_Fund_Donors_Pledge_Nearly_$13_Billion_to_Help_End_Epidemics/. About the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Guided by the belief that every life has equal ... 09/17/2016 - 9:48 am | View Link
Bill gates pledges nearly R6 billion to world health fund Gates said Thursday his pledge at the World Economic Forum is meant to encourage other potential donors. He said that “these are tough ... A donor backlash over fund losses forced it to cancel more than $1 billion in new spending last year. 01/25/2012 - 11:00 am | View Link
Britain, Bill Gates pledge more than $4 billion to vaccinate world's poor Britain and Bill Gates, along with other international donors have pledged $4.3 billion to buy vaccines to protect children in poor countries against potential killers such as diarrheal diseases and pneumonia. The funds will allow more than 250 million of ... 06/15/2011 - 7:02 am | View Link
Bill Gates: $4 billion vaccine pledge historic LONDON – Donors promised to give a global vaccines ... and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation declared it would donate more than $1 billion to the cause. Recommended: Could you pass a US citizenship test? GAVI is an alliance of organizations including ... 06/14/2011 - 12:55 am | View Link
Bill Gates, Donors Pledge $4.3 Billion for Vaccines LONDON – International donors led by Britain and Bill Gates pledged $4.3 billion on Monday to buy vaccines to protect children in poor countries against potential killers such as diarrheal diseases and pneumonia. The funding should allow more than 250 ... 06/12/2011 - 1:00 pm | View Link
Pledging Conference 2015 Record-breaking commitment to protect poorest children with vaccines. Donors pledge US$ 7.5 billion Support puts Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance on the path to immunise ... 01/20/2017 - 8:42 am | View Website
Bill and Melinda Gates Pledge $10 Billion in Call for ... Back Print Bill and Melinda Gates Pledge $10 Billion in Call for Decade of Vaccines | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Increased vaccination could save more than 8 ... 01/19/2017 - 8:03 pm | View Website
Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Global Fund financing comes primarily from the public sector, with approximately 95 percent of total funding coming from donor governments and the remaining 5 percent ... 01/17/2017 - 8:34 pm | View Website
Gates of Vienna After being taken down twice by Blogger within a single week, we got the message: It’s Time To Go. Gates of Vienna has moved to a new address: 01/15/2017 - 8:19 am | View Website
The Giving Pledge :: Pledger Profiles The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the world's wealthiest individuals and families to dedicate the majority of their wealth to philanthropy. 01/14/2017 - 11:36 pm | View Website
At the age of 74, Sue Fernandez has lived through the civil rights movement, the Vietnam War and the invasion of Iraq without joining a single protest. She was busy raising three sons and working full time as a pharmaceutical researcher. She took some pride in staying out of politics.
Melissa Linebaugh was looking forward to taking part in the Women’s March on Washington with her mother and her 9-year-old daughter. A self-described Christian liberal from Dover, Pa., she was horrified by President Trump’s rhetoric toward women and minorities during the campaign. This was their
A gathering of musicians and fans met in Fountain Square to sing “What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding," by singer/songwriter Nick Lowe, on the day of Donald Trump's inauguration, Friday, Jan. 20, 2017.