Comment On Carolyn Hax | Mama Drama Getting Old

Carolyn Hax | Mama drama getting old

Q. Dear Carolyn: When my husband and I were first talking about having children, he suggested my mother's name and his mother's name ("Elaine Nicole") or our fathers' names ("Timothy James").

Topics:  elaine nicole   q dear   carolyn   timothy james   mother
BING NEWS:
  • Mother-in-law, daughter-in-law engage in spirited spat over nicknames
    my daughter-in-law informed me that she did not want her children to call me by that name. My son indicated that she never did approve of the name but never said anything to me. Her rationale? She is their Mama, therefore my given nickname was suddenly ...
    07/24/2014 - 8:07 pm | View Link
  • Carolyn Hax: Can’t win in this name game
    My son indicated that she never did approve of the name but never said anything to me. Her rationale? She is their Mama, therefore my given nickname was suddenly unacceptable as it incorporates “mama.” (Her daughter has always called her Mommy.)
    07/24/2014 - 3:41 pm | View Link
  • Carolyn Hax: They don't want my granddaughter to call me by her pet name for me
    I was informed that their mother did not want her children to call me by that name. My son indicated that she never did approve of the name but never said anything to me. Her rationale? She is their Mama, therefore my given nickname was suddenly ...
    07/23/2014 - 8:39 am | View Link
  • Carolyn Hax: Woman doesn't want to be called 'grandma'
    She is their mama, therefore my given nickname was suddenly unacceptable ... E-mail Carolyn at tellme@washpost.com, follow her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carolyn.hax or chat with her online at noon each Friday at www.washingtonpost.com.
    07/23/2014 - 7:38 am | View Link
  • Carolyn Hax: Daughter-in-law nixes grandma's nickname
    My son indicated that she never did approve of the name but never said anything to me. Her rationale? She is their Mama, therefore my given nickname was suddenly unacceptable as it incorporates "mama." (Her daughter has always called her Mommy.)
    07/22/2014 - 9:00 pm | View Link
BING SEARCH:
  • denver Cat Classifieds | Pet Classifieds for Cats | Gadzoo.com
    denver Cats | Find a Cat, Sell a Cat, Cat Classifieds and Cat Ads in Denver, CO.
    08/20/2014 - 10:14 am | View Website
  • Denver Post Pets
    The Denver Post: ... pets. Home | Place a Pet Ad | Search Adoptable Pets
    08/19/2014 - 11:55 am | View Website
  • Weekend Reads
    I just love the title: “Collect accomplishments, not stuff.” I ran a half-marathon this weekend with my boyfriend and my best friend from high school.
    08/18/2014 - 8:00 am | View Website
  • Ask Amy: Ask Amy Articles and Archive
    Carolyn Hax: Claiming spoils from broken family sure to doom a friendship
    08/12/2014 - 3:28 am | View Website
  • Tell Me About It: Feel free to pass on Mom's party
    Question: I have no bond with my mother, and never have, including as an infant. She is self-centered, probably has narcissistic personality disorder, and ...
    05/16/2014 - 2:56 am | View Website

Comment On This Story

Welcome to Wopular!

Welcome to Wopular

Wopular is an online newspaper rack, giving you a summary view of the top headlines from the top news sites.

Senh Duong (Founder)
Wopular, MWB, RottenTomatoes

Subscribe to Wopular's RSS Fan Wopular on Facebook Follow Wopular on Twitter Follow Wopular on Google Plus

MoviesWithButter : Our Sister Site