Wash. Residents Go Home Near Fire, Still 'on Edge'

ABC NewsFire Evacuees in Wash. and California Return...ABC NewsHundreds of people in Washington and California who fled encroaching flames from wildfires were allowed to return to their homes Friday, and in Washington many were to find out whether their property was spared by a huge blaze that burned out of ...Fire evacuees begin returning homeNewsOK.comCentral Wash.

Sections:  u.s.   
Topics:  california   evacuation   fire   fire season   idaho   natural disaster   summer   washington   weather   wildfire   
RELATED ARTICLES
  • One flight closer to space tourism
    Virgin Galactic is one flight closer to becoming a commercial "spaceline." The company's passenger spacecraft, SpaceShipTwo, completed its first rocket-powered flight Monday morning above the Mojave Desert in California. More
  • 38 At least 36 dead as fire rages through Russian psychiatric hospital
    Thirty-eight people were feared dead after a fire raged through an isolated psychiatric hospital north of Moscow on Friday, killing some patients in their beds and others who were trapped by barred windows. Most of the patients died in their sleep inhaling the fumes as they were likely sedated by prescribed medicine, a police source told the RIA Novosti news agency. More
  • Police confiscate 4-foot, 2-pound marijuana joint
    California police confiscated a mammoth joint during a 4/20 pot rally on Saturday, reports the Los Angeles Times. As the paper notes, hundreds of UC Santa Cruz students gather each year for the event, and each year campus police confiscate things like bongs and dime bags. More
  • Afghanistan quake kills at least four, wounds 69
    An earthquake centered in Afghanistan's east killed at least four people and injured almost 70, after wet weather weakened the country's traditional mud-brick homes, officials said on Wednesday. More
  • Tornado sirens giving way to new warning technology
    On April 10, 2011, tornadoes ripped across Wisconsin, tearing roofs off houses, toppling trees and snapping power lines. In many places, the high winds were greeted with silence as some Cold War-era warning sirens failed because of lost power and other issues — just when they were needed the most. More
BING NEWS:
  • There Are More Stories Than Floors at The Stewart, Phoenix's Beleaguered New Luxury High-Rise
    When tenants complained about this fire-code-busting solution ... “I wouldn’t want to come home to an empty building with no doorman and all those people living there from a transient Airbnb.” Tamboer ...
    01/22/2020 - 1:00 am | View Link
  • Six pets died in Sioux Falls mobile home fire
    SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - No one was injured, but six pets died in a fire at a mobile home in Sioux Falls. Fire officials say the home was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived Monday afternoon.
    01/20/2020 - 11:39 pm | View Link
  • Clark County firefighters find body after shed fire at home
    LAS VEGAS (AP) - Clark County firefighters found a dead body after extinguishing a fire in a shed at a Las Vegas-area home early Friday morning ... sanctuary' spree in Florida 'Not a halfway house': ...
    01/17/2020 - 5:30 am | View Link
  • This sober living home promises a safe haven. Residents say they’re being exploited.
    However, former residents said he's currently only running the Norwood property. Those properties are listed as being owned by LLCs, so it’s hard to draw a connection to Dean Molin. Molin was fined ...
    01/16/2020 - 2:05 am | View Link
  • Mayor Brown to ride with DPW, police, fire chiefs
    Residents aren’t allowed to address council at its work session ... He said he waited about 10 minutes, then began to walk home when he turned around and saw Fuller with a gun. That’s when Fuller ...
    01/13/2020 - 6:08 pm | View Link
  • More
BING SEARCH:
  • Residents return home to fire in living room; dog dies
    Residents who pulled up to their home in the 1000 block of Beltline Road on Saturday morning found their living room on fire.
    01/18/2020 - 8:01 pm | View Website
  • Newgrange Care Home fire leaves 2 elderly residents dead ...
    Two elderly residents are killed and 33 rescued after a fierce fire tore through a care home as they slept. The blaze broke out at the Newgrange Care Home in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire
    01/17/2020 - 4:32 am | View Website
  • Firesoaps | Detergent for Bunker Gear
    Enter your information below and you will be sent a link to save your quote or to share with your procurement department.
    01/16/2020 - 10:02 am | View Website
  • Wash. Residents in 'No Man's Land' Urged to Pay Up | Firehouse
    Wash. Residents in 'No Man's Land' Urged to Pay Up If they don't the taxes voluntarily, they could be charged the full cost of fire/EMS service. Kitsap Sun, Bremerton, Wash.
    01/14/2020 - 2:48 am | View Website
  • Fire Wash™ Liquid | Firesoaps | Detergent for Bunker Gear
    Product Description. Fire Wash™ is industry tested and safe to use on all outer shell fabrics, reflective trims, hardware, knee pads, suede, leather, Arashield, Moisture Barriers, and Thermal Liners. Fire Wash™ will not degrade the reflectivity of the reflective trim nor will it corrode your gear’s metal hardware, i.e., metal snaps, clasps and zippers.
    01/12/2020 - 9:17 am | View Website
  • More

Comment On This Story

Welcome to Wopular!

Welcome to Wopular

Wopular is an online newspaper rack, giving you a summary view of the top headlines from the top news sites.

Senh Duong (Founder)
Wopular, MWB, RottenTomatoes

Subscribe to Wopular's RSS Fan Wopular on Facebook Follow Wopular on Twitter Follow Wopular on Google Plus

MoviesWithButter : Our Sister Site

More U.s. News